went see my cousin at LCIW today and...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I agree the whole prison system stinks. There are many rules that don't make sense at all. There is no understanding to that system at all. It is not a nice place at all.
    It's hard on the people serving time and their families who come to visit.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Some people here give me the shits. Its easy to say something when your not the one dealing with it. I know here its $16 just to put money on card at once. Also was $5 per roll of toilet paper, tell me if that makes sense?

Have you bought popcorn or a drink at the movies lately? Mixed drinks at a resturant are more expensive than drinking at home. Yes, the people are in jail but services have a cost.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    Please type slowly and maybe I will get it.

government should operate as efficently and adequately as possible because all of us support it... even if you dont end up in jail or know someone in jail, you are paying for it... so when those of us see wasteful spending and incompetent leadership you should be supportive of it, even though it doesn't directly affect your bank account....

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Exactly. When it's your family member that you love that ends up in prison, you'll understand. Until then, you won't. I'm not the reason my mom is in jail, I'm sure Russo is not the reason his cousin is in jail. We didn't want them to be there, but they are, that doesn't mean we don't care about them any less. Do I support what my mom did that got her sent to prison? Absolutely not, and in fact, is part of the reason I want to get into law enforcement.
    You're mom cried and complained about the laws outside of prison thats why she is in prison.......she doesnt complain about the laws inside of prison either I assure you and neither should you...there should be nothing fair in prison except prisoner care and treatment thats why they call it prison.......you loose all your rights cuz you broke the law!!!!!!!! I wish you and your mom ,and family all the best!!!!! But rules is rules !!!!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Not trying to belate the point. But by charging for these services doesn't it save tax payers money if profits go to the care of prisoners?

Last edited:

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    CE and 09 you guys get. You other guys, I'm sorry you have loved ones who are incarcerated but let me emphatically state, IT’S ****ING JAIL. If people on the inside don't want their family members on the outside to be ****ed by the system as well then they should not break the law and wind up in JAIL. The only things they are entitled to are three hots and a cot, that’s it.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    the more the public wants to "shut the door and throw away the key regardless of offense." the more effective and common sense rules/boundaries must be set... it's quiet obvious for those who visit the prison on a regular basis that there are rules which make no sense and can be changed for the benefit of society and those partaking in the visitation process...

Shikkapow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Sounds like more Louisiana corruption.
    Ding Ding DING DING

we have a winner!!!!

hey Tommy -boy. I see you have an opportunity for me to make some money. your prisoners need money, and I can send it to'em I take 15% off the top and we give 'em the money dats left ova.

I'll be over for supper tonight, tell maw maw i'll be there by 6

Russo- what was the name of the company? Im curious to know what sheriff's cousin runs it

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    the more the public wants to "shut the door and throw away the key regardless of offense." the more effective and common sense rules/boundaries must be set... it's quiet obvious for those who visit the prison on a regular basis that there are rules which make no sense and can be changed for the benefit of society and those partaking in the visitation process...

Where did you get the public want to indiscriminately lock up people and throw away the key. That certainly isn't my philosophy. Even though a rule may not make sense a prisoner/visitor did something to bring it about. What rules make no sense?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Long ago ( 1971) I was wrongly accused of a crime, and incarcerated with a group of thugs bound for Angola. The Grand Jury heard my case and no billed me, I was free in only 31 days.

Said that to say this...if you have never heard those doors shut with out knowing you future ( immediate as well as far off ) take a long time to comment on how harsh jail should be. Its easy to talk when things are good, not so much when it all goes to hell and and all you have is family.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Disturbing stuff awaits us everyday.

Just wait until the feds come to get everyone and takes them to the FEMA camps. Those who are still alive, that is.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    still not getting it...

And it sounds as if you may never "get it."

1. Services cost money -- including handling cash or Money Order gifts for prisoners.

2. The State is short on money. (Don't start the debate over why there isn't money. For the purposes of this argument, just understand that there is a statewide budget crunch.)

3. The State is moving toward privatization of many services. This means services have been evaluated and less expensive means of providing them have been adopted. These processes may be more cumbersome to users, but they save the State money.

4. The State is also, finally and slowly, adopting a policy that says the "user" needs to bear more of the cost for services he or she receives. (Example -- college tuition costs are going up. Students pay more for this service at State-owned universities, instead of making the general public pay more in taxes to subsidize college tuition).

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Disturbing stuff awaits us everyday.

Just wait until the feds come to get everyone and takes them to the FEMA camps. Those who are still alive, that is.

Spreading cheer and optimism all over the interweb....go for 10 K postes...hahaha, thats a very true and scary statement you make...Soft Despotism @ work

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

1. Services cost money -- including handling cash or Money Order gifts for prisoners.

2. The State is short on money. (Don't start the debate over why there isn't money. For the purposes of this argument, just understand that there is a statewide budget crunch.)

3. The State is moving toward privatization of many services. This means services have been evaluated and less expensive means of providing them have been adopted. These processes may be more cumbersome to users, but they save the State money.

4. The State is also, finally and slowly, adopting a policy that says the "user" needs to bear more of the cost for services he or she receives. (Example -- college tuition costs are going up. Students pay more for this service at State-owned universities, instead of making the general public pay more in taxes to subsidize college tuition).

Dawg. That's it in a nutshell. Thanks for expounding my point.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    J Pay
    http://www.jpay.com

$0.00-20.00 Online Fee: $3.50 Phone Fee: $4.50

$20.01-100.00 Online Fee: $6.50 Phone Fee: $7.50

$100.01-200.00 Online Fee: $8.50 Phone Fee: $9.50

$200.01-300.00 Online Fee: $10.50 Phone Fee:$11.50

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA

1. the prison system currently has a process set up to provide this service, the problem isn't the cost... the problem is that the state employ's thieves and idiots, and instead of dealing with the problem, government's way of correcting itself is to get bigger or pass the cost on to the next person/group/program..

2. financial shortcomings don't change the fact that the state is still employing the same amount of people for the same time periods during the day.. the poor excuse (that you made) for this is that the state cannot make an obscene amount of money from the taxpayer anymore so they over cut to play the pity card to the public...

3. all for the privatization of most state programs, including prison itself..

4. agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom