Went to Clark Creek today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Just wanted to pass along this place to those in the BR area that don't know of it. Clark Creek/Tunica Falls. Great little place. Went today for a Bday hike for the first time.

Get off the trail and walk the creek, pretty nice place. If you go early, place will be empty... crowd showed up around 1ish.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Yeah I don't know if its just the map my little sister had or her terrible sense of direction, but I couldn't make heads or tails out of the map. So I jumped in and just walked the creek. I think next time I may do the trail. I don't understand why they put all that loose gravel on the trail (entrance maybe?)... it was way to loose.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If your talking about in the beginning where it slopes down into the main trails system it's to inhibit erosion. I used a small garmin GPS to log out all of the trails. Now an iPhone aerial Map works just as well.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have been a couple times. In my mind the correct way to do it... Lol
    Walk the trail first. See the falls you can right off and walk them to the end. When you walk down the steep set of stairs at the end of the trail take a left onto the creek. Follow it to the split and you will see posted signs. Must go left ( pretty sure it's left)
    Water will be flowing in the direction your walking (upstream) so keep going.
    You will get to another split where the water will be running down to you instead of away on on side. That is the way you need to go to get to the waterfall and back to the main trail to go back to parking. It will take you up the creek and over some rocks. It is also flat to an extent and a much easier trek back out them doing it in reverse.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Also watch for snakes! They are everywhere out there!

Wow guess we went a great time this year. I did not see the first one. Walked the trails and creek all day.
    I don't think I have ever seen more than a garter snake.

Thank god, two creaturesI hate on this earth...
    Snakes and spiders!

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Yeah, we got to the posted part (its a right). Walked that and found those 3-4 waterfalls. We didn't see any snakes, hell... didn't really see anything besides insects.
    Yeah we would have done more of the trail, but this was my wifes first time hitting anything remotely considered even a nature walk since our honeymoon 2 years ago. Didn't want to kill the poor thing

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    This thread is worthless without pics.

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I hunt about 2 miles from there at Arcola Camp - Confederate General Brandon Lee's huge 3500 acres worth of woods/old homesteads, and the big old house. I usually go two-three times a month and will be there again next week. I try to run up the inclines and slow jog the declines at Clark Creek Falls. The image of the split waterfall - I usually lay out in the cool water up top of there. ALWAYS make sure you put money in the box - the warden who lives across the street monitors all activity and will cite you a violation for not paying. He is also a member of the hunting club as well.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    $3 parking $.50 for anyone over the 4th person.
    So if you have 4 people in one vehicle it's $3.00
    If you have 6 you lay $4.00 and so on.

Top Bottom