Went to Jim's today out of desperation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Well you dont know Jim very well.

No I don't I wouldn't know the man if I passed him on the street. I do know that I would have a problem with my employees telling a customer not to come back over a $25 transaction that took less than 5 minutes. I guess I'm just a manager that has a little bit of customer service left in him.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    No I don't I wouldn't know the man if I passed him on the street. I do know that I would have a problem with my employees telling a customer not to come back over a $25 transaction that took less than 5 minutes. I guess I'm just a manager that has a little bit of customer service left in him.

Adam

Please read lucky post 13 again :}

Sounds like you need a meeting? LOL Monday Nites at 7...................

Jub Jub

Cadillac
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Jim's is an absolute joke. I keep a couple of people a month from wasting their money there. The capper was when I heard they had some NY1 triggers in stock. I needed just one and was willing to pay a little more. $18 is what they wanted for one. The highest I have ever seen them online was $3. I'm all for capitalism but that's insulting. The counter nazis are amusing but I can only take them so much.

bozakz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pine Grove, LA
    The wife and I stopped in last week. She's looking for a carry and we were in the area. The guy that helped us was very helpful and excellent customer service. I've never been in there before that.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Jim's does have a good selection of guns. I recently purchased 2 hand guns there and had a great experience both times. On one of the pistols, the sales guy worked with me and lowered the price. This particular guy has been there 10+ years. I will go back because of the help and the way he treated me.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    The two times i went there customer service was good, i paid more than i should for the items i bought but when you need it you need it. The big box stores are know better as far as customer Bull s&%$t at the counter, Jim's has treated people i have sent there good as well, we must be lucky i guess.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I've never had issues with the shop and salesmen. I go in there knowing I'm overpaying but sometimes that's alright.

The gunsmith side of things are a different story. I'll leave it at that in order to avoid writing a novel and raising my blood pressure.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Jim has a big shop in an expensive part of town . His overhead is probably a lot higher than some of the other shops . His prices are going to be higher . If the employees really are dickheads , that's a different matter .

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't mind higher prices. I truly don't. I'll pay more, prob even 10% more if I like the store and the owner. If something is 50 at WalMart and 55 at the other shop then I'm definitely buying the 55 dollar one versus driving over there, parking 1/4mile out, waiting in line for 30 minutes to check out etc.

Now, when he was "fixing" my gun I looked around for a bit

MBUS rear site- 59.95
    Magpul Carbine Length Handguard- 49.95
    CTR Stock- 99.95

Everyone one of those is WAY overpriced.
    Why in the blue hell would I spend extra money with you when your employees are jackasses?

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They aren't. Some are certainly not as knowledgeable as we might want them to be, but to the best of my knowledge I've never seen anyone in there, treated with less than courtesy and professionalism, who didn't ask for it first... with the exception of a certain "gunsmith" who is there part-time. Probably the same personality-challenged individual alex is referring to... :D

Eh, IDK. Like I said, I have been there probably 6 times. Every single time I have been there it's like pulling teeth to get someone to wait on you. And when they do, it's so bad it makes you wish you never asked for help. The attitudes, looks, and if I could quote some of the things they have told customers just to make them buy a weapon. Ex- Yeah, a 9mm isn't as powerful as a 45, but it goes 3 times as fast.

Once when I went in, I was wearing dress clothes, I couldn't take 2 steps without someone asking me for help. Cargos and a tee shirt, no help at all.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i think most people would agree that the main problem with this establishment is the customer service, more specifically the communication... if a business has awesome customer service and employees go out of their way to call back customers and stay engauged with possible sales, the additional cost is there... i've been in Jim's twice, and both times the salesman had a "take it or leave it" attitude...

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    I have purchased several guns from Jim's over the past few years. He has had in stock what others had to order. There is overhead associated with having a large inventory. His prices are high-but you can leave with what you wanted. The staff has treated me well. Never had to use the gunsmith.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Yah, if it looks like you have some money to spend they will be all over you like flies on crap. I've had good service from them but I mainly go to buy stuff they have and I don't feel like waiting for it to be delivered from a catalog and the their price is not that much out of line from what I see them going for on the net. I also go to look at the used firearms and they sometimes have deals on those like Cabelas. Its a good place to go look at a gun you have been wanting and then get it a lot cheaper elsewhere.
    They will sometimes have stuff that's hard to find and if its been there long enough it might be at a good price by the time I get to it to buy.
    They remind me of the old NA Guns that was on Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge.
    Sky high prices and a don't care attitude.
    Jim's does have more exotic ammo calibers in stock if your looking for something obscure and want to shoot the firearm right away. I found some 356 winchester ammo that was at a good price because it had been sitting there 10 years..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom