What AK would you recommend and why?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Add a vote for the Mighty WASR!

Attachments

• 20230921_184948.jpg
      20230921_184948.jpg
      688.3 KB · Views: 55

Bigboi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    southwest LA
    man seen this pop up giving me good ole memories but na AKs are dead been dead for a while started to die even faster around 2016 first it was the arsenal shiz then topped it with the ammo ban just destroyed Aks. like that was the whole point for a ak cheap ammo for a cheap gun it was never good or ez to work on just cheap. now im laughing at ppl paying 3k for a gun that was put together at a $400 price point by some drunk gopnik. started with 7n6 now steel cased and corrosive 762x39 is just as much as 300blk lmao. dont even think about buying 5.45 or 9x39 and psa will not save the ak ammo market either from what ive heard the 5.45 is saami spec not what every legit 5.45 use. what psa will probably do is make it to where it will only run in their guns.

Judg3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2023
    Mandeville
    As a Yugo M70 owner I can echo that it is a great rifle and the added weight is a non-issue. They do make a fair amount of accessories for it but as someone else stated you have to make sure it says the word "yugo" somewhere. The one modification I would recommend (which you might want to do no matter which AK you choose) is to swap out the shepherd's hook with a retaining plate (speaking from personal experience).

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I would say to stick with an import. Or a legit kit build on a decent receiver. Not going to recommend a us gun, especially not one north of 600 bucks...

Yes, the days of getting a 100 dollar og barrel romy g kit and a 60 dollar nodak receiver are long gone. With the 922r parts and some rivets they would go together for 250 or so...

I still see used imports for decent prices, but you really need to know what you are looking at before buying.

Top Bottom