What Are Ya'll Issued?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    A lot of times communications people that are POST certified (EBRSO comes to mind) are issued revolvers so they can work extra duty details...

I was getting a haircut a few years ago and a EBRSO deputy was in the chair across from me getting his cut. He was in uniform and was really talking big to the girl that was cutting his hair and a couple other badge bunnies around him. About the time she finished cutting his hair I asked him how he liked working at the prison. He didn't know what to say but he did asked why I thought he worked at the PP. I said your gun, you're carrying a revolver and if you were a road Deputy you would have a Sig. :D

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Lizard Creek

Standard Issue here in Lizard Creek!

ramline-1.jpg

Woods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I'm in the process of the EBRSO Reserve Deputy stuff, and I'm wondering if I get a road slot, will they let me carry my Steyr M9 9mm semi-auto? Or will they make the volunteer go out and buy another weapon to serve his community?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm in the process of the EBRSO Reserve Deputy stuff, and I'm wondering if I get a road slot, will they let me carry my Steyr M9 9mm semi-auto? Or will they make the volunteer go out and buy another weapon to serve his community?

Ask Captain Washington.

Woods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I was gonna wait until the academy started to get all uppity about it, but I suppose asking earlier wouldn't be a bad idea.

lpso708

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Thibodaux,LA
    I will help him understand. Woods on the chance you need a reload would you like to be able to get one from your fellow officers that have the same weapon as you or go without?:doh::doh:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    You're already starting out with the wrong attitude. The restrictions on what can be carried are in place for a reason. But it doesn't sound like you want to hear them, so I'll just tell you that the odds of Frank allowing your Steyr are slim to none.

With his attitude Washington might make him carry a S&W 38 :D

Top Bottom