What are you listening to?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Man I listen to all kinds of stuff. Freddie King, Miles Davis, Hank Williams, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Toadies....... The list would get quite long.

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Lightnin' Hopkins the complete prestige = last collection I downloaded and listened through.

This, the last album I bought was Lightnin's Hello Central - amazing.

That and Townes Van Zandt (alot of him lately), Ray Wylie Hubbard, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Gomez, Paul Simon, Emmylou Harris, Gecko Turner, Richard Wagner, Type O Negative, Chris Ledoux, and Cinderella, Crooked Still, Jimmy Buffett, Crosby Stills Nash & Young (only when Im sailing though), DMX when I wanna go "Duffy"

Sometimes I just create a channel on Pandora and give it something like AC/DC and John Prine and see what comes up.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana

That and Townes Van Zandt (alot of him lately), Ray Wylie Hubbard, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Gomez, Paul Simon, Emmylou Harris, Gecko Turner, Richard Wagner, Type O Negative, Chris Ledoux, and Cinderella, Crooked Still, Jimmy Buffett, Crosby Stills Nash & Young (only when Im sailing though), DMX when I wanna go "Duffy"

Sometimes I just create a channel on Pandora and give it something like AC/DC and John Prine and see what comes up.

Check out the link that I posted above, Ray Wylie Hubbard does a live show(as a D.J.) every Tuesday night. They also play a lot of Townes Van Zandt & Prine.
    John Prine is one of my favorites.

Art

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Karl Logan is an on-line friend of mine on another forum.
    Several years ago I lost all of the feelings in both of my hands. I took up building plastic military models to build up my dexterity.
    Karl is a member of a modeling forum that I belong to.
    The guy does some amazing work. He's had several "how to" articles published on his work.
    Cool dude.

one of his projects:

http://www.finescale.com/How To/Art...rustbucket Revell 1-25 scale Chevy Nomad.aspx

Sorry for the drift. ;)

Art

Drift away!

I wish I could build a diorama like that!

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Check out the link that I posted above, Ray Wylie Hubbard does a live show(as a D.J.) every Tuesday night. They also play a lot of Townes Van Zandt & Prine.
    John Prine is one of my favorites.

Art

Thanks! I just checked it out, they archive the those Roots and Branches shows... Listening Now.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA

I absolutely love Townes Van Zandt. I am going to have to check out alot of your other stuff. I know for a fact you have good taste.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    Any rock from the the 70's on. Right now really diggin' on Seether. Also loves me some Miles Davis, David Sanborn, Spyro Gyra, just about anthing from that genre. I would rather have my balls pounded flat by a ballpeen hammer than listen to rap (does not qualify as music).

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Check out Ray Wylie Hubbard, you'd probably like the album Growl.

Ray Wylie Hubbard story.
    On Halloween night in 1985 or 86 (forget which :rolleyes:) a friend & I were in a bar on the corner of 6th Street & San Jacinto, in Austin, listening to Ray Wylie.
    The street was packed with 100,000+ people partying. Ray & band are playing away and all of a sudden they just stop in mid song looking dumbfounded.
    The people outside start running, yelling and screaming.

What had happened was Ray's bus had been parked around the corner and uphill.
    The parking brake slipped and she started rolling down the hill. When it got to 6th Street the SOB took a left turn just as if somebody was behind the wheel.
    The bus rolled another block and a half before it came to a stop when it ran into a light pole.

As I said, the street was packed with people. Unbelievably, the only injury was a girl who broke her ankle when she tripped on the street curb.

I walked up to Ray and handed him a drink, saying that he looked like he needed it. Trust me, he did.
    After they straightened everything up, they got back on stage and started playing "Magic Bus". :D

True story. ;)

Art

Last edited:

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA

what about Unknown Hinson, the worlds grestest country western troubador

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ray Wylie Hubbard story.
    On Halloween night in 1985 or 86 (forget which :rolleyes:) a friend & I were in a bar on the corner of 6th Street & San Jacinto, in Austin, listening to Ray Wylie.
    The street was packed with 100,000+ people partying. Ray & band are playing away and all of a sudden they just stop in mid song looking dumbfounded.
    The people outside start running, yelling and screaming.

What had happened was Ray's bus had been parked around the corner and uphill.
    The parking brake slipped and she started rolling down the hill. When it got to 6th Street the SOB took a left turn just as if somebody was behind the wheel.
    The bus rolled another block and a half before it came to a stop when it ran into a light pole.

As I said, the street was packed with people. Unbelievably, the only injury was a girl who broke her ankle when she tripped on the street curb.

I walked up to Ray and handed him a drink, saying that he looked like he needed it. Trust me, he did.
    After they straightened everything up, they got back on stage and started playing "Magic Bus". :D

True story. ;)

Art

Great story, I have yet to see him live, its on my short list though.
    He's playing tonight with Jerry Jeff- bet thats a good show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom