What constitutes an "Arsenal"...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I just read the story about the guy in Vegas that was arrested for, according to the news, having and "Arsenal of weapons" which consisted of a scary assault rifle, 5 loaded "clips", a pistol, a "Sniper Scope", and a Laser... I am in a SHITLOAD of trouble if this is illegal...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Seems as though when ever they catch someone, and they raid their house and find more guns, regardless of how many. They report, arsenal of guns/ammo found at residence.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don’t you love those news stories that assert “the subject had a ‘stockpile’ of over 1,000 rounds of ammunition“.

For me that would be way below my comfort level for each caliber... It’s time to do some serious replenishment efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Sorry, I misread the article. This was in Chicago and that is why the guy was arrested. But still...an arsenal...lol The funny thing is that what REALLY made the news reporter's story was that the guy walked out of jail and IMMEDIATELY dropped to his knee and proposed to his girlfriend!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    To the media more than one firearm and one box of ammo for that firearm is considered an arsenal with stock piles of ammunition.

They are joined at the hips of phony leftist democrats. The only air they get to breath contains copious amounts of democrat ass!

SSOP: Demonizing the inanimate object, and embellishing or over hyping the the truth about it! There are enough viewers out there ignorant about guns that will gobble up their horse ****, over and over and over. And they know it!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I'm worried about people with a 22 cricket and a 50 box of 22 shorts.
    I don’t see an issue unless they buy two of each. At that point why would anyone need all that fire power unless they were going to fight a war.

let me be clear in case this pops up on a google search somewhere…. I’m clearly joking..

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The usage of it doesn't delineate the amount or number of weapons/guns/ammo. So even though they may have used it technically accurately; my guess is they went with that particular word because it invokes fear or shock in people that don't know any better.

Online Merriam-Webster

arsenal noun

ar·​se·​nal | \ ˈärs-nəl
    , ˈär-sə- \
    Definition of arsenal

1a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment The city is home to a federal arsenal.
    b : a collection of weapons
    2 : store, repertoire the team's arsenal of veteran players

But then there is this:

collection noun

col·​lec·​tion | \ kə-ˈlek-shən
    \
    Definition of collection

1 : the act or process of collecting the collection of data the collection of taxes
    2a : something collected especially : an accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby a collection of poems a collection of photographs a baseball card collection
    b : group, aggregate a collection of symptoms, such as fatigue, headaches, and joint pain
    c : a set of apparel designed for sale usually in a particular season the designer's spring collection of dresses
    Synonyms

Which then goes with this:

accumulation noun

ac·​cu·​mu·​la·​tion | \ ə-ˌkyü-m(y)ə-ˈlā-shən
    \
    Definition of accumulation

1 : something that has accumulated or has been accumulated an impressive accumulation of knowledge
    2 : the action or process of accumulating something : the state of being or having accumulated the steady accumulation of snow
    3 : increase or growth by addition especially when continuous or repeated accumulation of interest

Seems like 2 guns doesn't sound like an arsenal after all.

Last edited:

jimdanos

Silver Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Lafourche Parish
    Sorry, I misread the article. This was in Chicago and that is why the guy was arrested. But still...an arsenal...lol The funny thing is that what REALLY made the news reporter's story was that the guy walked out of jail and IMMEDIATELY dropped to his knee and proposed to his girlfriend!

Chitcago. FIFY

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    I don’t see an issue unless they buy two of each. At that point why would anyone need all that fire power unless they were going to fight a war...

But….but….but….but….”…you need F15’s and maybe some nuclear weapons…”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana

Just read where a guy in Chicago walked out of jail and immediately dropped to the pavement with 64 bullet holes in him.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I guess a six pack of beer would be a liquor store in the eyes of the media.

The media uses the word arsenal like it is a bad thing. I love every definition of the word

That is why they were lucky that Trump lost. They had run out of "Apocalyptic" comparisons.

This is the only comparison they need for their own crap; They're ****!

Top Bottom