what is a tack driver?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    Hey guys, I have been reading in different places online and in gun mags about such and such gun being a "tack driver," but don't know what it means! Can anyone explain, without too much making fun of me for being a n00b?! :P
    thanks.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I think they should have shooting competitions where one actually drives a nail into something that would take 4-5 shots to do it.

Then they can actually say such and such is a nail driver.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Hey guys, I have been reading in different places online and in gun mags about such and such gun being a "tack driver," but don't know what it means! Can anyone explain, without too much making fun of me for being a n00b?! :P
    thanks.
    A gun you could drive nails with would be accurate.A gun that drives tacks(A very small nail)is more accurate.Even though a round as small as a 22 blows the nail straight through the board.LOL

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Found a tack driving load for my AR today. Hornady VMax 55 gr. Good stuff. The holes were touching, so it is a better shot than I am. If there had been a tack on the paper, it would be driven.

chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    LC, I will have to investigate that statement personally. I will need you to bring your AR up to south mississippi so I can check it out. Bring at least 2,000 rounds of ammo too. :D :D :D :D

thanks for the info guys! Now that I finally have a handgun (just one, for now) I'm starting to get the rifle bug too, I am trying to hold out as long as I can so I can save up for a nice one! I really want a full auto but don't forsee having $15,000 laying around anytime in the near future...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    thanks.

Tack Driver.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist... I tried, really...

Top Bottom