What is the best pistol for CCW carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    since hitman turned forum-nazi-lol-police on me for posting, could you briefly elaborate as to the specific preference of the 9 over the alternative 40 for that model? Would even appreciate it in PM format if the thread is that sensitive to the request.

9mm. It holds more ammo and it's easier for me to shoot.

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    since hitman turned forum-nazi-lol-police on me for posting, could you briefly elaborate as to the specific preference of the 9 over the alternative 40 for that model? Would even appreciate it in PM format if the thread is that sensitive to the request.
    The question is "What does .40 gain you that is worth the loss in capacity and change in recoil, if any"

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    What do you CC personally?

Jack, I don't at the moment but when I get my permit I will carry a Glock 19 as I've found I can conceal it well. The Glock 17 is too big for me and I'm not a fan of the baby Glocks. I prefer Glock to M&P but I think they are both reliable platforms.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Just giving you a hard time on asking the most redundant question on every gun board and the fact that you just so happened to be someone who joined THIS YEAR!

:p

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You don't like competition? :)

low-blow.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You don't like competition? :)

Calling a former moderator a nazi and starting a caliber vs caliber thread is just so bland and unimaginative. When you come to me you get a high quality trolling and subsequent argument, this guy is mediocre at best. Think blackbolt's jambalaya vs cafeteria casserole.

:D

Last edited:

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have carried a Glock 23, Ruger SP101 357, and the NAA 22 mag. I like all of these.
    My current carry is my favorite. It is the Kahr CW45. Light, very slim, recoil is more of a push than a snap.
    Very easy to keep on target.
    Plus its a 45, what a man I am:rockon:

jquinnett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Bossier City, LA
    Wife loves and is very good with her SW M&P 9mm Shield (send Coroner- no need for the police). I like my SW 432PD in 32 H&R Mag (like 12oz) with CT. For light carry NAA Mag works well. New 22 Mag SD ammo looks like it would hurt. Ruger SR40C and G19 for car and house. Fav gun is SIG 226 in 40.

Top Bottom