What is your dream ride? Let's see some pics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Money being no object, I'll still take a new Shelby Cobra as well, even if keyboard commandos don't like it.

It's not a cobra. Ford can use Shelby and they can use cobra but they can't use them together. I think it was all part of the namesake and shape lawsuits a few years ago. Most keyboard commandos are either butthurt cause they can't afford one or butthurt cause Chevy fell so short on performance with the zl1 and now c7 vette versus cost. They love to throw out "zr1 this" or "zr1 that" without any regard for the exuberant sticker cost. (there is a good chance that this post is trolling the Chevy fans)

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    mustang1.jpgmustang2.jpgwell it isn't a dream if you own in correct? but here she is been trying to work on her every weekend, I have a 67 ford mustang fastback gta, bought the car with the original 289 out of the car, when i pulled the hood open, i seen what was believed to be a big block, i pulled the numbers off the block and found that it has a 1972 351 cleveland HO cobra jet motor, i bought the car from a family that the husband/dad had passed away while restoring her, currently she is driveable, just been changing out things like door gaskets and other small ends and odds

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    View attachment 42360View attachment 42361well it isn't a dream if you own in correct? but here she is been trying to work on her every weekend, I have a 67 ford mustang fastback gta, bought the car with the original 289 out of the car, when i pulled the hood open, i seen what was believed to be a big block, i pulled the numbers off the block and found that it has a 1972 351 cleveland HO cobra jet motor, i bought the car from a family that the husband/dad had passed away while restoring her, currently she is driveable, just been changing out things like door gaskets and other small ends and odds

Nice find.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    It's not a cobra. Ford can use Shelby and they can use cobra but they can't use them together. I think it was all part of the namesake and shape lawsuits a few years ago. Most keyboard commandos are either butthurt cause they can't afford one or butthurt cause Chevy fell so short on performance with the zl1 and now c7 vette versus cost. They love to throw out "zr1 this" or "zr1 that" without any regard for the exuberant sticker cost. (there is a good chance that this post is trolling the Chevy fans)

Details schmetails.. The point's the same. I'd be happy with a new Boss too. Hell, I wouldn't mind having a Terminator to play with on weekends either. There were a few years where I was seriously considering dropping a twin screw or a cent. SC under my hood. Glad I didn't though. I don't need the extra power. All to often, I lack the restraint and would use it inappropriately. It's not about money to me, and I don't care what the fastest car on the road is. I love Mustangs, pure and simple.
    It all started when a friend of my sister's ex husband got a new 85 GT convertable. That car was the sweetest damned thing I'd ever seen. Black with red leather interior... Anyhow, I recently traded mine in and got a family car, since we're having another baby in the next week or two. Need more room for baby crap.
    If somebody likes their "preferred car" more than what mine is, good for them. I don't lose sleep over it. It's just very keyboard commando to go bashing other folks rides. Same for their guns, or guitars for that matter.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Got to talk to the guy for a few minutes.
    He bought it brand new...
    He's currently having a Pagani Huayra being built.
    He showed us the computer concept pics, as well as some progress pictures.
    The ones he showed us, were of the carbon fiber dash being built.
    It's nice to have ridiculous amounts of money to play with.
    It's cool to see someone enjoy it.
    I hope we'll get to see the Huayra when it's finished.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

This!
    I have friends with quite a substantial estate, and it frustrates me that they...don't travel. Don't buy "nice cars". Don't have a Class III hobby. Don't have a home theater. Don't really do anything but run businesses for fun and flip real estate for more money that they use to get richer which they use to get richer, yet I am having "more fun" on my meager 5-figures a year. Then again, maybe their definition of fun is making more money. Kindof like Sim City or something?

*All that said, I am very surprised at the paint on that Ferrari. I don't know what I was expecting, but smoother is a start. I just have to hate on something driving around in a Nissan. :rofl:

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I guess, in a way, I own my dream car...
    Though it may not obviously be a McLaren F1, or Enzo Ferrari, it puts a smile on my face, when I get to drive it.
    I drove an A body Miata when they were realtively new, and at the time, didn't appreciate them for what they were, and subsequently wasn't impressed.
    I figured it would have been faster, and me being a taller guy, found the cockpit to be a tad cramped, at the time.
    Then the B body's came out.
    I liked the new looks, and had a chance to drive one once.
    I fit it better, and it had a slightly bigger (torquey) engine.
    I had a reliable ride back then, and couldn't justify the then lack of practicality or cost of a new one.
    Now they're (and myself) older, and can be had for a song.
    The trick is finding one that's bone stock, or at least well cared for.
    Now, I can fully enjoy and appreciate it for what it is.
    It's not a race car (like a vette, or other high horsepower ride, and yes, I know they make awesome autocross cars...).
    It's a well balanced car, and handles like it's on rails.
    It goes where you point it, and stays planted.
    It has great fuel economy, so my lead foot won't hurt my pocketbook so bad.
    It's been a long time since I felt like the young guy I once was, that looked for any excuse to go driving, and this one seems to do it for me.
    Out of milk?
    y0!.gif
    I'll go get it! I gotta go to Denham via Hwy 16... BRB in an hour or so... :D
    20130310_184628_zps48b54d6b.jpg

20130317_155703_zpsc3fb95e8.jpg

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    If you want to take the whole dream ride a step further, we (my dad and I) owned my personal dream ride.
    1957 Piper Pacer PA-22-20-150.
    I dream of that plane to this day, and would like to own another one sometime in the future.
    It was like flying a classic sports car.
    Fast, smooth, comfortable, and amazingly quiet.
    2013-01-06_20-15-26_922.jpg

2013-01-06_20-16-05_803.jpg

2013-01-06_20-16-24_173.jpg

Circa 1994...
    2013-01-06_20-17-35_708.jpg

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

He has one of every Ferrari supercar. 288,F40,F50,Enzo. Plus a Mclaren F1! :boink: Super cool guy.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    This!
    I have friends with quite a substantial estate, and it frustrates me that they...don't travel. Don't buy "nice cars". Don't have a Class III hobby. Don't have a home theater. Don't really do anything but run businesses for fun and flip real estate for more money that they use to get richer which they use to get richer, yet I am having "more fun" on my meager 5-figures a year. Then again, maybe their definition of fun is making more money. Kindof like Sim City or something?

*All that said, I am very surprised at the paint on that Ferrari. I don't know what I was expecting, but smoother is a start. I just have to hate on something driving around in a Nissan. :rofl:

You can't hold the paint against Ferrari, his detailer is the half blind kid down the street.

20130725_142020_zps5ce0076f.jpg

Look at all that wax.

Top Bottom