What makes you a firearms dealer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    If a person does not have an FFL and he is buying guns for the purpose of reselling them at a profit, How many transactions would it take for the BATF to consider you a firearms dealer? I realize a lot of people use various internet sites to do so (such as this one), just wondering if doing so draws attention to what you are doing as I am sure most of these sites could be monitored by the BATF. :eek3::eek3:

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    The initial purchase with intention of selling at a profit ,One is all it takes, if intent is proven.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    to buy it because you want it, and resell it later because you do not want it anymore, is not the same as buying it cheap and selling it for 50 dollars cause you want 50 dollars

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I sense a need for my legal services is approaching....:D

If you buy a weapon knowing that the value will go up and you can resell it later and make some money..... That is not illegal...

If you buy it with intent on flipping it for a profit right away.... Thats illegal...
    The difference is that you have intent to sell it when you bought it , You are then an arms dealer.. And without an FFL thats very illegal.......

Top Bottom