What Memorial Day Really Means! RIP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So many Americans have lost their Amercanism that many don't know or worse, don't care, what these military holidays actually mean. Memorial Day is to honor the fallen military!

Today; Remember them! :wtc:

Arlington-Grave1.jpg

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Today-Tomorrow-Everyday

Army Sgt. Nick Olivier
    IED in Iraq 2005
    Married a cousin of mine less than a year before he deployed.

Last edited:

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I'm going to remember Ssgt Michael Ruoff and Sgt Mathew Tallman today. Ruoff was a fellow tanker in the late 90's. He was a gunner on our crew. When living on a tank for weeks on in you really get to know peaple and I really liked him. We spent a lot of time together and I remember his laugh and how he would all ways volunteer to go out and set up OP's and loved MOUT and urban training because we believed he was a closet 11B! Which is how he died. With no tanks he was attached to an infantry unit in Iraq and got to do all the boots on the ground stuff that he couldn't do in the confines of a tank. He was shot while exiting a building he had just cleared.
    Tallman was a fellow Blackhawk crewchief in my platoon at Fort Polk, I had changed my MOS when I reinlisted, and had the pleasure of crewing with Tallman for countless hours dropping scouts off all hours of the night in the clearings of the forest training areas of Fort Polk, he was married but still he came to the barracks to drink and hang out some weekends, I really liked him. In Iraq at night his bird had just picked up a load of infantry when a tail rotor malfunction caused it to crash killing all on board. Memorial day is a time to remember all who died. Today though, I'm gonna eat drink and spend time with my family for Michael and Mathew.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm going to remember Ssgt Michael Ruoff and Sgt Mathew Tallman today. Ruoff was a fellow tanker in the late 90's. He was a gunner on our crew. When living on a tank for weeks on in you really get to know peaple and I really liked him. We spent a lot of time together and I remember his laugh and how he would all ways volunteer to go out and set up OP's and loved MOUT and urban training because we believed he was a closet 11B! Which is how he died. With no tanks he was attached to an infantry unit in Iraq and got to do all the boots on the ground stuff that he couldn't do in the confines of a tank. He was shot while exiting a building he had just cleared.
    Tallman was a fellow Blackhawk crewchief in my platoon at Fort Polk, I had changed my MOS when I reinlisted, and had the pleasure of crewing with Tallman for countless hours dropping scouts off all hours of the night in the clearings of the forest training areas of Fort Polk, he was married but still he came to the barracks to drink and hang out some weekends, I really liked him. In Iraq at night his bird had just picked up a load of infantry when a tail rotor malfunction caused it to crash killing all on board. Memorial day is a time to remember all who died. Today though, I'm gonna eat drink and spend time with my family for Michael and Mathew.

That's nice, man! :beer:

That gives me an idea for this thread!

I will honor Robert Nettles. My uncle. He was KIA in Europe in WW2.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I am thankful for all who have fallen while serving this nation and protecting our freedom. They are true heroes and worthy of more than single day of remembrance. Thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice.

Also a thank you to all who have or are currently serving in our armed forces.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for posting. It saddens me that even the news ask to remember the veterans. This is not a day to remember the veterans, even though their service is appreciated, it is to remember the fallen, those that lost their life in service to our country.

Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Cpl Mark Baca Jr 1st Force Reconnaissance 5th Plt- Killed in Training 9December 1999

Cpl Steven Roach 3/3 H&S Co S-4- Killed on leave by drunk driver 4 January 2001

LCpl Jeff Dobson 3/3 L Co "Force Lima"- Murdered while home on leave 8 September 2001

Spc Robert DuSang 1st Squadron, 2nd ACR- KIA OIF 30 June 2004

LCpl Justin McLeese, 3/1, I MEF- KIA OIF Operation Phantom Fury 13 November 2004, Bronze Star with V

Sgt Michael Guillory, 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command- KIA OEF, Helmand Province 14 December 2012

I served with Baca briefly at MCSFCO Bahrain in 98, he was on his way out and I was rotating in. He was my team leader for a few weeks. Roach was my first room mate in Hawaii. He took me for my first beer in Hawaii the weekend I checked in. Dobson was one of Lima's Armory guys after he got hurt in the field. We use to see him in there often when we went in to pull out our sniper gear. I went to high school with DuSang, his twin sister and older brother. I did not know Justin but mourn him just the same. He is buried in Covington near a friend of mine who died in an on duty crash in 2007. I have friends who served and trained with Guillory, they speak highly of him and I like to think we would have been friends.

These are a few of the less painful ones to remember, they, along with the others, are in my heart. I still see the faces of my fallen friends every night when I close my eyes to sleep. On the nights when sleep does come, I hear their voices. Those voices sometimes turn to screams, but thought it all they are with me, still, until Valhalla. Never Forget. Live to honor the fallen.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Top Bottom