What to carry...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Question does not compute. I only go one place I can't carry and I can't have anything but keys and wallet in my pocket.

At work... very strict no weapons policy.

tactical pen

can't carry a pocket folder?

I have a Gerber EZout... very tame looking. I'd hate to see what would happen around here if I whipped out one of my spring assist knives.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I carry a Kershaw Leek, but I don't consider it a self defense weapon, its a tool.

I really feel uncomfortable at work and school since I can't carry. I guess I should feel comfort that whatever happens will be on camera, that makes us safer right?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    No weapons at work . I do carry a folding knife , but they even frown at that for safety reasons . They haven't outright banned them yet though . Plenty of Wasp spray .

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I carry a Kershaw Leek, but I don't consider it a self defense weapon, its a tool.

I really feel uncomfortable at work and school since I can't carry. I guess I should feel comfort that whatever happens will be on camera, that makes us safer right?

Hence the reason I take as many online classes as possible.

I'm terrified to step foot on campus. Easy pickins.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    A 12 inch piece of insulated wire knotted at both ends will open someone up pretty quick. It can be tucked under a shirt collar and deployed very quickly. That is a trick I learned from an ex bodyguard I used to work with.

mikeinneworlean

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    A 12 inch piece of insulated wire knotted at both ends will open someone up pretty quick. It can be tucked under a shirt collar and deployed very quickly. That is a trick I learned from an ex bodyguard I used to work with.

This beats the hell out of what I was gonna say...

I need to cultivate some friends who use to be bodyguards..

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    How strict is the policy? Webster's definition #2 would mean that only stupid people could work there:
    "2 : something (such as a skill, idea, or tool) that is used to win a contest or achieve something "

Under the first definition, ANYTHING that is used comabtively for either offense or defense would qualify. So I guess that your hands and feet will have to go.

My job has what it calls a "strict" no weapons policy, but no one has, as yet, given me any grief over my folder or my Sabre spray.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom