What to do with my G23

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dangerousdon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I have a Glock 23 and lately I have been wondering what I can do to make it better. Just looking for suggestions. Right now it is completely factory except for the little plug I bought at the bottom of the pistol grip. Thanks in advance.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Put it in an uncle mikes IWB holster, and wear it everywhere you go..... I DO!

Now if you wanted you could buy drop in parts. 3.5lb connector, reduced firing pin spring, reduced recoil guide spring, there is a lot.........BUT I WOULD NOT TO ANYTHING TO REDUCE THE TRIGGER PULL FOR MY CARRY GUN.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Night sights and a glock extended slide release. I like the extended mag release, but not on the midsize glocks as my finger has no issue with the std length.

The grip plug is preference, I see no benifit.

If I was to carry the gun concealed I would stipple the front and back straps for addl grip. Leave the sides smooth in case you do not plan to wear an undershirt of have a IWB holster with no rub section.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I added decal grip to one side of my 36 (the side that doesn't rub against me), added XS Big Dot sights and put pierce grip extensions on the two mags. Only other thing I am doing is putting a extended slide release.

dangerousdon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Thanks guys for all the info...

Put it in an uncle mikes IWB holster, and wear it everywhere you go..... I DO!

I have only just recently recognized the importance of carrying everyday, although I have had firearms for quite some time now. I have my CCP application in, just waiting for the little plastic card.

In the words of our benevolent master, take...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    ...A class.

I have taken a basic handgun class (although I think I knew more than the instructor) and of course I have taken the CC class for my permit. In addition I have extensive experience from the US Marine Corps, being deployed overseas with US Army Intel, and my days as a Primary Marksmanship Instructor working on a shooting range in the Marine Corps. I really want to tack some of these Tactical Handgun and Rifle classes that I read about on BS but I'm trying to pay for a wedding and that makes it a bit difficult at the time being. After March looks a bit easier.

i would like to say that I go and shoot at least once a week at the range, but in all actuality I go about once every two to three weeks. Pitiful, I know, but at least I go, right?

Buy another one for your other hand.

Well I have the .357 mag or the 9mm sub compact. But I guess i could get another one. :)

As far as the other suggestions so far...I think I will go and get some night sights. I like how the Glock feels in my hand and even when my hand is wt I don't have a lot of slippage (I have big honkin' hands...I where a size 15 ring if the gives you any idea) but maybe a little grip on the back side wouldn't hurt. This is my carry gun for the most part so I don't want to mess with the trigger pull.

Thanks guys for all the help. I know this was long but what else am I to do before seven in the morning on SAT.

Guess it's time to get ready for tailgating.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Really do your research on the sights you go with, there are plenty of options out there for the Glock.

For my EDC, I have Truglo TFO's that are Tritium and FiberOptic, so they glow no matter what it looks like outside. I went with the Green front, Yellow Rear-- the dots in the back are notably dimmer in all conditions, and really helps to pick up and focus on that front green dot. Those suckers are bright, bright, bright and I like them a lot.

For a full time CC, there are a lot of other options I would have considered. However, I wanted to keep it range/competition friendly, so I went with something in the middle of the road that could "do it all", so to speak. My eyes are not a fan of the standard Trijicon 3-dot tritium night sights, but YMMV.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    My carry and work glocks have Vickers mag releases, Glock extended slide releases and Trijicon night sights. That's all they need. The Vickers release is extended but not as much as the Glock release, which I think is too long.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Plus 1 on the Truglo TFO sights, wonderful sights that work great in any light, and stay the same even when you transition from a dark area to a lighter area, suck as room to room in a house at night.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Plus 1 on the Truglo TFO sights, wonderful sights that work great in any light, and stay the same even when you transition from a dark area to a lighter area, suck as room to room in a house at night.

I have seen a few go bad early and the warrenty is only 90 days and you must buy them as a pair.
    I prefer Ameriglo Operator green front and yellow rear which have a 10 year warrenty and great customer service.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    When I go to " town " I use these

attachment.php

Sorry ya'll....it's just been too long

Heres the link if you want more info
    http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-gag.html

Last edited:

dangerousdon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I laughed my ass off at the Homeboy Nyte Sytes. I was looking at it and I was wondering what the deal was then I saw the gun cocked and all, I laughed a good bit. It's morning give me a break.

You can start by getting rid of the plug :D

Okay so why should I get rid of the plug? All it does it keeps dust and grime out of the handle. Unless I am missing something. Remember, it is still morning.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    It allows you to get a grip on a stuck mag from a malfunction. (and is a good fire tinder collector :p)

This.

Which goes back to Tulse Luper's comment about training. Run your gun through a class.

After that, it will all become clear what you need/don't need or want/don't want.

Otherwise you're gonna spend a bunch of money on x, only to try it out and figure out you really want y.

Top Bottom