What watch your running ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I wear Rolexes since I have a position where I dress like an adult.

When I was out doing sneaky stuff I wore Casio G Shock 5600 solar/atomic on a Maratac band. It has that retro look with modern features.

JR1572

simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    I am kind of a watch freak........but for the bones the Omega seamasters are just great.......Ball (mentioned) above is really becoming a fine fine piece......I never buy new.......or stateside......

Look at www. Watchnet.com
    Watchuseek.com

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Lol thanks for the g shock recommendations.

I was looking for something around in the same price range 100-150 dollar range and analog I'm rough with my stuff that's why I was checking the g shock out its still at the top of my list just seeing if yall guys have any other watches you may know of that might fall in the above category.

blake1985

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2013
    baton rouge, louisiana
    i wear a victorinox swiss army mach 6. its got a big face with lume on the dials and a leather strap. its kinda modeled after a pilots watch. it also has a sapphire exhibition case back. swiss made and damn good price. picked it up at zales outlet in tanger. i havent looked back since.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I have typically wear a TAG Heuer CARRERA but I also have the Luminox Evo Navy Seal Blackout Mens Watch.

Love my Tag and it is a great watch. Has served me for about 7yrs and has been worn on many continents and as 3 times as many countries.

The Luminox was a great watch. Love the actual watch but can't stand the band!!! It is, how you say, GARBAGE!!! The first thing that broke was the rubber band keeper, one of two. Then I had the watch packed in my bag for offshore and low and behold the band had torn apart in three different places. I mean completely torn apart, unwearable. I wouldn't mind getting a replacement band but they cost almost as much as a new watch, at least 50%.

Like I said, the watch itself is great. The band leaves many things to be desired!!!
    zulu watch bands http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm

Last edited:

USEY

Louisiana Trash
    Rating - 84.6%
    11   2   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Hammond Louisiana
    Well I ordered a Suunto Core All black just now...will review it and post pics when it arrives...I felt it was the best watch for me due to ruggedness features also love that it's good for up to 30m under water...I'm always on the water. Has a storm alarm I'm anxious to try out and tons of other features...it was between it and the Casio pathfinder and after a lot of reviews watched on both I chose the core because it seems to be better made and more tool than toy...plus it is the best looking digital watch out of all that caught my eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    The Luminox was a great watch. Love the actual watch but can't stand the band!!! It is, how you say, GARBAGE!!! The first thing that broke was the rubber band keeper, one of two. Then I had the watch packed in my bag for offshore and low and behold the band had torn apart in three different places. I mean completely torn apart, unwearable. I wouldn't mind getting a replacement band but they cost almost as much as a new watch, at least 50%.

Like I said, the watch itself is great. The band leaves many things to be desired!!!

If you like leather straps google "blue radish watch straps" to find pictures, and his email is blueradish@yahoo.com there's no store just send a email telling him what you want, measurements, leather and stitching color.
    I've got a few straps by him, it takes a while, and ships from Canada. They're a bit pricey too @ around $100, but haven't found anything I like better yet.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    If you like leather straps google "blue radish watch straps" to find pictures, and his email is blueradish@yahoo.com there's no store just send a email telling him what you want, measurements, leather and stitching color.
    I've got a few straps by him, it takes a while, and ships from Canada. They're a bit pricey too @ around $100, but haven't found anything I like better yet.

Thanks for the info. But I much prefer metal bracelets. I sweat way to much for leather.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Has anyone tried any of the new Smart watches? I've been wanting one but have held back because the tech seems so new.

The Galaxy Gear ones seem kinda cheezy. Why do that from a watch when you can just do it from a phone?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The Galaxy Gear ones seem kinda cheezy. Why do that from a watch when you can just do it from a phone?

I thought the same thing about an ipad vs. computer/laptop.

Ya no ****.....

I want one more for the ability to change watch faces, you know like a face with gears or a cool digital face. Like the other day I saw a mod that looked kinda "Steam Punkish". I just don't want to buy in and then all the support and DLC get dropped because everyone went with a different OS.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Normally just use my smart phone for work and such, but, I do like my Rolex or Hamilton for "dress-up" / "big boy" events.

Top Bottom