What weapon do you own with the most uncommon caliber?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    30-30 ... on a single shot Thompson/Center ... at dusk it shoots a flame like a tank in the old comic books.

.30 Luger ~~ fun to shoot and brass flies ALL OVER the place

.25-35 Win Mod 94 circa 1906 ~~ my dad's gun, got a pic of him on Jefferson St (or Main St?) in Lafayette back in early 1940s with a 12ft gator on the roof of the car in front of the old billiards hall.
    I took 2 deer with it as a teen ~ clean through side-to-side shoulder, and rt shlder-to-rear quarter through spine on 2nd one ~~ the older guys said it wasn't enough caliber to kill a white tail in Atchafalaya.
    It appears the headspace is out of spec now, so rarely gets shot. Wallhanger that stays tucked out of sight ~~ what a shame.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    What weapon do you own and occasionally shoot with the most uncommon caliber? Everybody's got 9mm, 45's, 30-06 etc etc but what's the most unusual caliber you have? I have a 1898 Springfield bolt action rifle in 30-40 Krag that I occasionally blow the cobwebs out of. What's yours
    The last one was a Rock Chucker (6mm06) and that decades ago. Nothing I can't buy factory ammo for since then.
    I did have a couple of WIN SLs which I really liked but I was young and needed $$$ - the 351 got me a couple of whitetail in the Qu'appelle valley when I was a very young hunter.

Only shot the 401 once because ammo for that was hard to get then and I had a LE .303 for a real rifle.

Damn but I'm getting old . . .

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I used to have an Encore barrel in 41 GNR #2, a 445 Supermag case necked down to .41 cal.
    210gr bullet at 2200fps out of a 10" barrel, 30-30AI, 218 Bee in a Contender pistol. 22 Hornet in a H&R singleshot. 307 Win, 356 Win, 375 Win in lever actions.

Will Penny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    What weapon do you own and occasionally shoot with the most uncommon caliber? Everybody's got 9mm, 45's, 30-06 etc etc but what's the most unusual caliber you have? I have a 1898 Springfield bolt action rifle in 30-40 Krag that I occasionally blow the cobwebs out of. What's yours
    CVA Elite Stalker in 35 Whelen
    Winchester model 70 featherweight in .280 Remington

gejshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Mandeville
    I own and shoot a Colt .38 Auto. This is not a .38 revolver. This is a .38 Auto that is built similarly to a Colt 1911. The gun is somewhat uncomfortable to hold, as it is not in any ergonomic. The ammo is hard to find and often expensive. Many years ago, one of the original plastic grips cracked. It had a colt pony on it. Surprisingly, I found an original replacement at a gun show. The gun is in excellent original condition.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    My most odd is probably the Russian nagant pistol caliber: It’s 7.62x38mm. Fun little pistol and one of the only revolvers that can be silenced

Top Bottom