What will the oil spill mean for duck season???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This is a really terrible thought....What's gonna happen when ducks start landing in oil-contaminated coastal marsh? You have to believe there's no way in hell things will be even close to "cleaned up" by fall & winter- the thing isn't even plugged yet!...

We already don't have the "big ducks" we used to coming down to LA....This is really going to hit home for a lot of people this year...:wtc:

http://www.ducks.org/news/2178/DucksUnlimitedIssues.html

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you hunt on the East side, you may have a problem this year. I can't imagine them allowing duck hunting below Venice on the WMA, not this year. I don't see a problem hunting the West side, not today anyway. Who knows months from now.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Doesn't sound good.

I however mostly hunt in Rice Fields and other water ways. Might keep the ducks a little more North it seems.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Doesn't sound good.

I however mostly hunt in Rice Fields and other water ways. Might keep the ducks a little more North it seems.

I hope so, man.....If they land in that sludge they're finished.

10shotgroup

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Yep....It seems to me that DU makes sure most of the ducks don't make it this far in the first place...But I guess that's a different debate.

It seems this is only gonna get worse. DU is already thawing feilds up north and changing habitat so much, they just don't miagrate. Now the goverment is gonna pay farmers in state to our north to flood fields that aren't normally flooded. Their plan is to stop them from even coming to la. Great plan huh.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Heck with the DUCKS

Heck with the Ducks and Oil Spill
    I say EAT MORE MONKEY forget the ducks!
    WomanSexy-JustPlainHotInWhiteBikini.jpg

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Yep....It seems to me that DU makes sure most of the ducks don't make it this far in the first place...But I guess that's a different debate.

So, since this IS Louisiana, you need to sue DU for mental anguish, pain and suffering and lawd who knows what else.....

Oh wait a minute,
    We are talking about ducks, right?

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    DU...What a joke

I would not support DU if my life depended on it. They've been "short stopping" birds since the organization was formed. They do protect the habitat, but do nothing for hunters.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I would not support DU if my life depended on it. They've been "short stopping" birds since the organization was formed. They do protect the habitat, but do nothing for hunters.

Thank you- you nailed it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    short-stopping?

This has long been an arguement involving DU. The main reason ducks fly south for the winter is food. DU buys a lot of agricultural land in the north and plants winter crops (and in some cases temperature that holds many of the ducks instead of allowing natural migration. DU insists that they are not in the "duck feeding business", instead being in the land management & conservation business. Many are skeptical.....

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    This has long been an arguement involving DU. The main reason ducks fly south for the winter is food. DU buys a lot of agricultural land in the north and plants winter crops (and in some cases temperature that holds many of the ducks instead of allowing natural migration. DU insists that they are not in the "duck feeding business", instead being in the land management & conservation business. Many are skeptical.....

How does DU control the temperature?

Top Bottom