What's a good EDC light?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    BIC.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Fenix PD20 in my pocket for everyday use, Fenix PD30 for "serious" use. I've beaten the crap out of both for 3 or 4 years now and they're still going strong.

I also keep a Fenix TK11 (in BOB) and Surefire G2 (general use) in the car, but both are a little big for carry.

I like flashlights...

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I carry a Streamlight PT2AA everyday at work. Works well. Spends alot of time getting banged around. The light fickers a little every now and then but I think the spring inside is just a little loose. It's very rare that it happens. Has high/low/and strobe with a tail cap switch.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Why, those of you who carry Fenix, prefer that brand? Really unaccustomed to "tactical" lights. Surefire was what I wanted, but there is so much better out there. For less, that is.

Suppose I want to say for what reasons do you carry what you do, and why that brand?

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Why, those of you who carry Fenix, prefer that brand? Really unaccustomed to "tactical" lights. Surefire was what I wanted, but there is so much better out there. For less, that is.

Suppose I want to say for what reasons do you carry what you do, and why that brand?

Reasons for me 50% need light for work, 45% for defense/night walking in NOLA, 5% to blind my friends.

G

gunguy11

I prefer to use my tlr-2 mounted onto the rail of my xD, this seems to be the best way to scare off the scary monsters im seeking in the dark!
    honestly, i may seem like a cheapo but it has worked for years. i picked up a little 1" diameter coleman a couple years ago! bright as all get out and can change from flood to beam..... I would say its "good" range is about 30-40yds depending on if im inside or outside. (foggy nights dont get but about 20yds.)
    reasons:
    cheap
    bright
    rugged thick lens
    long battery life
    uses:
    job
    work
    traffic related issues
    etc.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    surefire e1b (backup) or pd20. I also keep a streamlight stinger led in the truck, mostly because i can charge it in the truck.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Fenix makes a hell of a light for the price. For a handheld, I think they're more durable than most will ever need, and I like the additional functions compared to single output mode lights. Bright as hell, and great or defensive purposes assuming you leave it set on "turbo" mode.

Weapons mounting is a different ballgame, and that's where I think it's worth it to spend the extra dough on a Surefire. I actually had a Fenix TK11 mounted on my AR for about a thousand rounds with no issues, but still felt it worthwhile to replace it with a Surefire.

Top Bottom