Whats it worth

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TimH

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2007
    don't know if this is the right place..if not let me know admins.

I'm not a hunter any more. If fact haven't deer hunted since high school. I still have my rifle that I used then. Its a Marlin 30-30 with a Bushnell(I think) scope. This this is like new and maybe had 30 rounds down the barrel. If I remember right it has no scratches etc.. I have no clue what something like this is worth but want to get rid of it and pick up a home defense shotgun or something. Any ideas? I can get more details later tonight if it makes a difference. My current home defense is an AK and a Sig P220ST so I'm thinking since I never use this thing get rid of it so fund something more useful.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    don't know if this is the right place..if not let me know admins.

I'm not a hunter any more. If fact haven't deer hunted since high school. I still have my rifle that I used then. Its a Marlin 30-30 with a Bushnell(I think) scope. This this is like new and maybe had 30 rounds down the barrel. If I remember right it has no scratches etc.. I have no clue what something like this is worth but want to get rid of it and pick up a home defense shotgun or something. Any ideas? I can get more details later tonight if it makes a difference. My current home defense is an AK and a Sig P220ST so I'm thinking since I never use this thing get rid of it so fund something more useful.

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have pictures of the Marlin? Year? Model #?

Why would you want to sell it, if you don't mind me asking? I have a 30-06 that I have not fired in a LONG time...actually, I need to bring it to a smith so it can get a FULLY stripped down cleaning. It was my grandfathers that died when I was about 10. He was a big deer/moose hunter & that was one of the rifles that was passed on to our family. He had a bunch of rifles...and a bunch of kids.

I don't really use the gun to hunt, but it does have sentimental value in that aspect, however some people can put a price on that. I hope that it never comes down to me being pressed for money & need to sell the gun. :( OH and I will be damned if the anti-gun fanatics/laws try and take it away from me. :squint: That and a few pictures and a couple memories are all I have left of him.

If there is no "family" connection to the gun, sell it if you want. You can get a decent HD shotty for about 200 bucks (new or used) and never have a problem. But a 30-30 is a pretty sweet rifle if the S%^ were to ever hit the fan. ;)

Just my 2 cents...

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    You can buy them new for 300-350. you get nothing for the scope (for the most part)
    it would depend on age, model etc.

Welcome and good luck

TimH

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2007
    Cajun, I don't have to sell it. Just sits in the case doing nothing. Hasn't been fired since around 85. I pull it out every now and then and check it to make sure it doesn't need to be cleaned, etc. My dad gave me this gun when I was 13. The more I think about it I may just keep it for that fact. I like you will have my grandfathers old Belgian Browning 12 guage that is also prestine..and my fathers matching shotgun(both at least 40 years old and have the gold trigger). Those will never leave me that is for sure. The 30-30 is pristine/as new so I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I was just wondering what they would go for. If they go for 300-350 new then I'm sure I can't get but maybe 2/3s of that then it doesn't do me anygood to sell it. Its not like I can't get what I want without selling it. its just a lever action 30-30 that is probably 26-27 years old that is like new so its not like its a high demand gun..lol. I will pull it out this evening and get the model number etc. If I decide to keep it I may need to get some new ammo for it..just in case the #$@ hits the fan you know.:p

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Cajun, I don't have to sell it. Just sits in the case doing nothing. Hasn't been fired since around 85. I pull it out every now and then and check it to make sure it doesn't need to be cleaned, etc. My dad gave me this gun when I was 13. The more I think about it I may just keep it for that fact. I like you will have my grandfathers old Belgian Browning 12 guage that is also prestine..and my fathers matching shotgun(both at least 40 years old and have the gold trigger). Those will never leave me that is for sure. The 30-30 is pristine/as new so I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I was just wondering what they would go for. If they go for 300-350 new then I'm sure I can't get but maybe 2/3s of that then it doesn't do me anygood to sell it. Its not like I can't get what I want without selling it. its just a lever action 30-30 that is probably 26-27 years old that is like new so its not like its a high demand gun..lol. I will pull it out this evening and get the model number etc. If I decide to keep it I may need to get some new ammo for it..just in case the #$@ hits the fan you know.:p

If the gun is older you might just be able to get 3-4 hundred for it, maybe more. If you want to sell it go to www.Gunbroker.com and search for the model you have, look for the ones that have sold. That will get you a better price check for what you have.
    Some people will pay a premium for an older gun like yours

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom