whats the deal, cabela's and .22lr ammo?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    im told they have .22lr ammo on tuesday mornings. how much and how many people waiting at the door to open?

lots of bulk 500+ in the $20 range?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    There's usually about 3,000 people waiting at the door for them to open. Within minutes all four pallets of .22lr is gone. It's usually 2,000 round bundles sold with an ammo can for $5.95.

But then again, I'm at work on Tuesday mornings, how would I know?

Maybe try calling them. I've usually been able to get someone who takes the time to find what I am looking for whenever I would call them. Never once have I felt rushed off the phone. Good luck.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    It is hit or miss as far as exactly what they have and how much they have. Sometimes they have none.
    Typically they will have 50 rd boxes and limit is two per customer but sometimes they will have higher quantity packages which will be limited to one per customer.
    When I do go I try to get there right at 9:00 or a few minutes after since it isn't any advantage to being 1st in line.
    Usually about 7-10 people in line specifically for .22 ammo.
    IMO calling gets you inaccurate info.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    It still amazes me the people that cant (or wont take the time) find what they need. Its out there !! Way out there !!!

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    .22lr is not that difficult to find. Just have to know how to get it. I have never stood in line or waited for a store to open to get ammo. I can go right down the street and get it any time I want now even.

Gilbee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Denham Springs, LA
    not broadcasting this anymore. the search button and a bit of time will net you the answer.

I am confused...I just searched for "cabelas", "cabelas 22", and "cabelas 22lr", and the first 3 pages of results turned up no revelation that I could find that is relevant to cabelas stocking of 22lr...maybe I'm dense, but could you please either chunk out a link or PM me what you're referring to? I see stuff for other stores, but not cabelas...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Last night they were putting out a few 500rd bricks of this for $55 @ the Gonzales store:

251209.jpg

Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Cabelas does get deliveries on Tuesdays accordind to the sales people. I've stopped by around lunch time or after work on some days and have seen it on the shelf (where the knives are). But, every week is different so i don't know how you could plan to be there in order to 'guarantee' there would be some stock. Most of the time I see the 50 round boxes of Blazer, but I have seen the bricks of Remington (not seen any of the 525 boxes in a long time there).

ROWDYCAJUN

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Walker
    Just got 2 boxes of federal auto match bullets at spillway sportsman . 365rds.per box . they had other brands also .2 box limit

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Top Bottom