What's the Proper Way to Dispose of BB Gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Cleaning out a relatives garage and came across an old BB gun. It's a Crossman pump rifle, but the air leaks right out and the barrel is rusted. How should I dispose of it?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Speaking of BB Guns. Were at the pond right now shooting.

kxcmqed2iugr4iei63lm.jpg

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks for the input guys!! I was bit concerned with just putting in the trash. Looks like Nail Gun wants to tinker with it, so hopefully we can connect.

The suggestions to bring it to a New Orleans gun buy-back hit my funny bone!!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Thanks for the input guys!! I was bit concerned with just putting in the trash. Looks like Nail Gun wants to tinker with it, so hopefully we can connect.

The suggestions to bring it to a New Orleans gun buy-back hit my funny bone!!

Don't tempt me. I'll even video that **** WITH a Bayoushooter shirt on :mamoru:

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Boy am I glad JayKay DID NOT listen to y'all! Turns out it's a 3rd-variant Crosman 760 Powermaster. It's a predecessor of the piece-o-crap 760 Pumpmaster's you get @ Walmart for $35. Unlike today's garbage, this has a wood forearm, VERY dense plastic (yes, plastic???) buttstock, metal receiver, brass bolt, metal trigger, fully adjustable rear sight, etc. I would gladly pay $100+ for a pumper of this build and quality while refusing to pay $35 for today's Chinese, plastic garbage. Unfortunately there's a shortage of consumers who feel the way I do. Combined with this rifle's personal history I am thankful it was saved from the landfill.

I think I'm on track to having the valve rebuilt while having a few other issues cleared up shortly. Hopefully I can do her and JayKay proud!

feedthemlead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Texas
    Hell do like I did when I was a kid....walk out into the woods and lean it against a tree......my old man use to get so pissed, LOST ANOTHER BB GUN! dumb ass kid.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Hell do like I did when I was a kid....walk out into the woods and lean it against a tree......my old man use to get so pissed, LOST ANOTHER BB GUN! dumb ass kid.

Been there, I think I went through half a dozen red riders.

I'm glad this classic has a chance at a second life,but I would have definitely brought it down to N.O. for the buy back. Get some of those Tax Dollars back :D

Top Bottom