What's worse than an ice cube down the back of your shirt?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    2Y4lu.gif

:mamoru:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I still have a scar on the back of my neck from hot brass.

It landed, burned and my flak kept it from going down. So I bent over, felt it near the back of my head but stopped b/c of my kevlar, so when I stood back up, it went back down and landed in the SAME BURNT SPOT!!!!!!!!

Man that thing took forever to heal b/c every time I turned my head it would stretch the skin.

Like I said, still got a visible scar there lol

Damn Hot Brass.

Did I mention I was a boot then? From then on, I made sure when I could to be on the FAR LEFT of the firing line :D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I got a couple new scars at the VTAC class, one .223 brass found its way into the tiny gap between my eye pro and forehead and hung out there for a while. Also had a 9mm brass make it's way into my ass crack while turned around shooting from inside a vehicle. That one was interesting.

Both scenarios I was so wrapped up in the drills I didn't even notice until the last shot was fired and weapon was switched to safe, then the pain cometh.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    When I was in boot camp we were at the rifle range and had a piece of hot brass make its way in my pants and down my ass. Its hell to have a tail wind blowing your shirt up!! Needles to say the drill instructors didn't care to hear to much about why I was digging in my ass while at the rifle range. Even though I was maintaining muzzle awareness... Lol

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I have one on my right arm from a class (I think Carbine 1 with Advantage Group). We were doing some awkward shooting position drills and I laid my arm down right on top of some fresh .223 brass. That bitch hurt!

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I shoot left handed, with right handed guns. I've caught a lot of hot brass on my right forearm! But no visible scars from those.
    The ones that seem to hurt the worst come from the person to your left!
    I loved my left handed Stag AR for that, I could fight back in the battle of the brass, when at the range!

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I once had a .22lr brass land on my forearm, and it sat for a second until I realized it. It left a burn with perfect detail of the casing, even the rim showing after. It looked like a red tattoo. I lamost wish it would have been permanent.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I had one land between the frame of my glasses and my face. had no idea what it was or what had happened, until swatting at it and knocking my glasses off.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I use to date this woman who eventually wanted to learn how to shoot a gun, so I took took her to a local indoor shooting range. Each of the shooting stations were separated by 1-inch thick plexiglass dividers. I started her off with my Browning Buck Mark. Before we went to the range, I recommended that she wear a high-collared shirt, but she decided to wear a tight-fitting, v-neck shirt. When she shot my BM, the brass always ejected onto the plexiglass and because she was, shall we say, "well endowed", the ricochets were drawn to her exposed cleavage like flies to a summertime picnic.

While I had empathy for the pain she felt from the hot brass, it was kinda hot watching her go through the gymnastics of trying to empty the brass from her shirt. Later that evening, I got to play "Doctor" and take care of the wounds she got at the range. ;)

Yeah, I know, I'm a sick little puppy...:D

Top Bottom