What's your favorite "sayings"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Two "sayings" I've heard over the years that I have learned out are totally true.

1. If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu. (favorite corporate America saying I heard years ago from the CEO of a company)

2. Something is only worth what you can get for it. (my dad's favorite saying when I would say something was worth "X")

I'd love to hear some of yours.

Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    554E7D98-C59F-4019-9B34-838849B26C7B.jpeg

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, you’ve got boobs
    Ever notice how you come across somebody every once in a while that you shouldn’t have screwed with? That’s me…
    Laws only matter to the people willing to obey them

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid.

If everyone threw their troubles into one pile, you would be quick to snatch yours back.

Learn something new every day to keep your mind active. When you stop learning, you start dying.

Hunter Thompson quote in my signature.

Be Calm. Eliminate things that keep you from being calm. If you can’t do anything about the news, turn it off. Walk away from annoying people, music, etc. When you’re mad, logic and reason fly away, and the stress shortens your life.

Dealing with stupid people aggravates me so I have several sayings:

Wisdom is not the same as knowledge. A lot of college graduates know a lot of stuff but have little common sense.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool, because he has to say something. -
    Plato

True wisdom is knowing what you don’t know –
    Confucius. Also: And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all – Socrates

Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever. ―
    Robert A. Heinlein

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. It’s just that some people abuse the privilege.

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.” ― Mark Twain

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.” ― Maurice Switzer

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. --Thomas Jefferson

You can tell a lot about a woman’s mood just by looking at her hands. For instance, if they’re holding a gun, she is probably angry.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.” ― Groucho Marx

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The one I heard most at home growing up poor was: Want in 1 hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    When asked by someone " How u doing?? my usual reply would be ""on top of the dirt"".. If they ask for clarification reply ""beats the alternative"" ..... "rather be seen than viewed" ...... drill sgt.

Toodamgoofy

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Man who eat jellybean fart in technicolor.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. You can go and go but you’re not going anywhere.

Favorite quote in my profile.

Top Bottom