What's your goto palm-sized pocket pistol?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OzymandiasX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I love a lot of things about my Ruger LCP. It is so tiny that it slips easily into a pocket, even when wearing gym shorts, and it doesn't have protruding sights or corners to get hung up on fabric.

But I think I'm going to get something in 9mm. What are your favorite micro handguns? Is there anything else as small as the LCP?

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Sig P365.
    Not as small as you're looking for but I never really notice it when I carry it.
    Reliable, 10+1 and shoots like it's much bigger than it is.
    Modular design so changing grip frames (and pretty much anything else) is easy.
    You can also get one with a manual safety if that floats your boat.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Not a ton of options for pocket carry in 9mm but I would say whatever you go with make sure you’re using a pocket holster. The 365 is small but not exactly a pocket Gun.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Not a ton of options for pocket carry in 9mm but I would say whatever you go with make sure you’re using a pocket holster. The 365 is small but not exactly a pocket Gun.

My pockets are reserved for keys, knives and wallet not handguns.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    My pockets are reserved for keys, knives and wallet not handguns.
    I agree very much so but the OP started this thread specifically asking about pocket guns.

actually I take that back after thinking about it I have occasionally pocket carried but not for long periods of time. Mainly taking the trash out at night or having to run to the car at night. It’s not something I do anymore because I don’t have a small enough gun anymore.

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Not a 9 but pocket carry a S&W Bodyguard 380 in a sticky holster. I wear fishing style shorts and t shirts and it’s perfect for carrying with this attire. Like mentioned the 365 is a great carry gun but too big for pocket carry in my opinion. Love my CZ 2075 but simply cannot carry it in a pants pocket.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My P365 fits just fine in my front pocket of my jeans . It's in a Kydex IWB holster , and the clip goes over the pocket . Rides comfortable and draws easily without the holster moving . My shirt covers it and if the clip shows at times , so what ? I'm not saying it will work for everybody but don't say it won't work at all . I kind of discovered it by accident one night when I shoved it in my pocket to walk outside and see what some strange vehicle was up to .

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I still have my original LCP, got the 'X' stamp on it as the first batch of them was recalled; bought from Larry @ La reloading, got friends to buy 3 or 4 more from him; Its my waffle house gun...

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The LCP2 is a huge improvement over the original. I did a trigger and spring upgrade on my LCP, which made a world of difference, but the 2 is still a far superior piece.

And yeah, "Waffle House gun":rofl:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You might be surprised how well one of the little 5 shot hammerless or bobbed hammer revolvers will fit in the front pocket. .38 or .357mag.
    See Camp .32 or .380 or even the Kahr MK9. The first pistol I bought from Jim’s when he opened his new and unaffordable big store.

https://gunivore.com/pistol/kahr-mk9-review-the-elite/

My 5 shot S&W 340 M&P filled this role for me. 5 shots of .357 magnum is a handful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom