What's your goto palm-sized pocket pistol?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My 5 shot S&W 340 M&P filled this role for me. 5 shots of .357 magnum is a handful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Those are outstanding backups as well. Lot of firepower in that little snubby. Taurus made a pretty decent one in the 90’s with a Hogue rubber boot grip from the factory, but the Smith would be my first choice.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Sig P238 in .380. My favorite pocket pistol, only thing better would be a Sig p938 in 9mm, only slightly larger.

DSC_0151.jpgDSC_0172.jpg

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    G43 in kydex Vedder Pocket Locker, all day long. Used to carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 in a soft pocket holster as well, and have carried a G26, 9mm has quite a few pocketable options. Just depends on how your clothes fit as to what you can pocket carry. I can't (and wouldn't anyway) do skinny jeans, and summer is mostly cargo shorts that are pretty roomy.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My S&W “J-frame” model 60 (no dash), 2”. I bought it new in 1985. Stainless, .38 Special, +P, no lock, original style with Hogue black mono grip. Usually loaded with alternating Hornady Critical Defense +P (FTX) and Underwood Xtreme Defender +P (fluted).

The hammer is NOT bobbed — in single action the trigger is ‘Goldilocks’—“just right”! I like having the option of single action if needed. It’s important to practice getting it out of your pocket (or whatever) without snagging.

It works no matter what. It’s virtually maintenance free. There’s not much to go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzymandiasX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    lol. Yeah, I think I've gotten spoiled by how small the LCP is. It's the only one I carry when I'm out doing yardwork, usually in loosely waisted gym shorts, so even most sub-compacts are either too big or too heavy.

The Kel-Tec is a sweet pocket gun, but it's not 9mm, which is what I was hoping to find. I'll def check out the Sig 365 (I've got their 320 and love it). I see the 365 has an SAS version without snaggy corners, so that might be my ticket here.

Thanks for the suggestions!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    G43 in kydex Vedder Pocket Locker, all day long. Used to carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 in a soft pocket holster as well, and have carried a G26, 9mm has quite a few pocketable options. Just depends on how your clothes fit as to what you can pocket carry. I can't (and wouldn't anyway) do skinny jeans, and summer is mostly cargo shorts that are pretty roomy.

Come on brah, no skinny jeans with the fancy white stitching designs on the back pockets with bedazzling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Not 9mm, but my two go-to pocket carry guns are a Smith & Wesson Model 442 and the Remington RM380. Both excellent pocket options.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My palm pistol is my Glock 42. I've tried most of the subcompacts (including the new Shield Plus and the Ruger Max-9), and they're good ... but the Glock 42 still has the edge on ergonomics, concealability, and accuracy for me.

And I know that the 9mm cartridge generally outperforms the .380 ACP, but I've also been practicing with the Glock 42 for years now. That means a lot to me.

I've never been a fan of the Sig P365, but I know a lot of people are. The ergonomics just don't work for me.

Mike

rdass623

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    new orleans
    it is not really a palm sized, but a Kahr P9 is my subcompact choice for concealability. they also make smaller versions in the 9mm cartridge. anything smaller to me just seems to be too ergonomically challenging for a stressful situation.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    I'm pretty old school in this, I carry an H&K-4. with this pistol I have the option of shooting .22LR, .25ACP, 32ACP or 380. I've carried it for years, both in civilian and while an Aircrewman in the Navy.

tjkenn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    I have a Ruger LCP which I like but I think the grip is too small. Is there anything to make it a little more bulky to fit my hand better?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom