When did Bayou Shooters become a forum of Trolls?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's funny that almost all of the people discussing people being banned have been banned themselves...many "permanently"

And if you think we don't know that you are on your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th account...well, we do.

It’s also funny that a number of people appear to have gone silent when the discussion turned to “why don’t banned people stay banned.” It’s almost like they don’t want to draw attention to themselves.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It’s also funny that a number of people appear to have gone silent when the discussion turned to *why don’t banned people stay banned.* It’s almost like they don’t want to draw attention to themselves.

Funny how that works, right?

I’m pretty sure everyone knows I’ve been banned. What’s funny is other people that have been banned are complaining about it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Same here, just got a couple of warnings!

ETync5PUcAAxs8S.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It used to be something else, it’s been so long I forget what it was, but Curt changed it to Jack ages ago.

You mean current mods have been banned or previous?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It used to be something else, it’s been so long I forget what it was, but Curt changed it to Jack ages ago.

You mean current mods have been banned or previous?

Previous

Wasn’t it nola_jack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember when you were a mod and permabanned a dude for being racist. Now he has a *new* account with like 7,000 posts and 130ish feedback :mamoru:

Seems like permabans don’t really work around here.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I remember when you were a mod and permabanned a dude for being racist. Now he has a *new* account with like 7,000 posts and 130ish feedback :mamoru:

Seems like permabans don’t really work around here.

I think that may be the same guy who went with the new account and replied on a couple of threads, complimenting the original poster, that were started by his banned account after those threads had been dormant for a couple of years, basically complimenting himself.

-----

So, should we take an informal vote and see who thinks bans should be permanent and who believes it's alright on occasion to give people another chance?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think that may be the same guy who went with the new account and replied on a couple of threads, complimenting the original poster, that were started by his banned account after those threads had been dormant for a couple of years, basically complimenting himself.

-----

So, should we take an informal vote and see who thinks bans should be permanent and who believes it's alright on occasion to give people another chance?

I would say it would depend on what the ban was for. I got banned for something that wouldn’t even get a second look now. If you get banned for threats etc then it should be permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

-----

I wouldn’t be opposed to it. There will most certainly be those that want others banned just because they don’t like them.

Second chances are great, but it’s ironic some of those complaining about it are on their second chance too.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is a funny discussion.

Wonder what ever happened to this dude:

He really did not understand me! :chuckles:

In fact, I think he was the only Mod that ever flagged me for anything! And it wasn't even close to the vilest thing I've typed here! :dunno:

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is a funny discussion.

Wonder what ever happened to this dude:

He really did not understand me! :chuckles:

In fact, I think he was the only Mod that ever flagged me for anything! And it wasn't even close to the vilest thing I've typed here! :dunno:

Jack and RedStickChick flagged you as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom