When is Baton Rouge PD hiring?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • francis8709

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone know when BRPD might be hiring? I am not very pleased with my current job and need to get some road/police experience in order to hopefully move up with the Feds in the future.
    I have thought about EBR Sheriff but know without POST I will be put into corrections.
    Any info would be helpful.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm fairly certain they just went through a "We're Hiring" phase within the past month or so. I recall talking about it with some of my friends that work for city.

LA_LEO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    BRPD just graduated an Academy last week. They are in the final stage of selection for a Feb/Mar Academy and I've heard rumors of running another right afterwards in the city has the funds.

t-train

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    BRPD just graduated an Academy last week. They are in the final stage of selection for a Feb/Mar Academy and I've heard rumors of running another right afterwards in the city has the funds.

This. They're doing polygraphs right now. EBR is about to hire road guys. From what I've heard, they'll select Corrections guys that are POST first if they want to. Contact BRPD recruiting office.

BPL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    If you don't plan to stay at BRPD, don't bother. The MATRIX will catch this every time and the academy is 20 weeks of pure hell. Their academy is better than the State's is now, but not the how the States was 15-20 years ago.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So the matrix can tell if you won't stay with the dept?

It will tell the PD how likely % you are to leave among other things. I have taken the MMPI 16 times and had access to results of the MMPI and the Matrix that others have taken before they were hired.

BPL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    It will tell the PD how likely % you are to leave among other things.
    A low retention score is pretty much an automatic dis-qualifier with BRPD. The oral interview is pretty based pretty much on the red flags from the Matrix text. Less than 50% make it through. That all before the polygraph.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A low retention score is pretty much an automatic dis-qualifier with BRPD. The oral interview is pretty based pretty much on the red flags from the Matrix text. Less than 50% make it through. That all before the polygraph.

Look around you in Baton Rouge and you will understand why the percentage that get hired is so low.

BPL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Look around you in Baton Rouge and you will understand why the percentage that get hired is so low.
    Assuming you want to hunt in the jungle, why not hunt in the biggest baddest jungle. You are not forced to live there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom