When to leave negative feedback….

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I would think that instead of negative feedback, starting a thread in the off topic is a better idea. Title it something like "username is a pos" and let the pile on ensue. This is bayoushooter after all. What we lack in braces we make up for in quantity of hot air.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have had a few people back out of deals. It’s part of the nature of buying and selling anything. Even trading this for that.

Me personally, I have changed my mind a couple time, but still followed through with what I said I would do.
    Its gotten worse imo, last 18/24 months or so. Had a guy here committed to purchasing my ammo lot for sale via PM "I'll take it all, where and when can we meet up?", I responded then he went ghost on me. Then re-contacted me about a week or 10 days later via PM and I said "no thanks buddy, not interested in doing business with you, period. Go re-read our earlier PMs."

Had another make an offer and I made a middle of the road counter. Never heard another word from him. That's not objectionable, well within his right to end comms at that point. But for $15?

No "Let me think about it for a while", or "I'll get back to you later". Clearly some here show less consideration or respect today than say even a few years ago, imo. Inflation is high, money is a little tight, holding back on luxury spending I think. But still want to play the game.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    How should the admins here handle it? How should they determine which feedback is justified and which isn't?
    that is correct.. i know this isnt the "other sites" but you can publicly/privately discuss and display proof of screen shot of text messages, time stamps, and proof of agreement of meeting and welching ect... its pretty easy.. and deff saves the smearing of a good members name and allows everybody else to see who is the bad egg and help them make the decision next time... if it was ever a issue of no evidence then a neutral feed back was allowed

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I have the PM of when I first asked if he was interested and him responding "how much". I responded with the price and my phone #. We then texted and he agreed to the price. I asked when he would like to meet up and that's when he called me. He had to be at work at 6am. I told him i dont mind meeting early because I'm always up. Then that morning I sent a couple texts and no response, sent a text that afternoon, no response. I even sent a text a few weeks after asking if he still wants it before I post it on gunbroker. No response.

After I made the feedback he PMs me saying he sat around waiting and I never responded back to his texts. He said he was going to post his screenshots.. Nothing yet.

So with all that said.. If there happened to be some sort of glitch where I'm not getting his texts I'll be happy to delete my feedback.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    that is correct.. i know this isnt the "other sites" but you can publicly/privately discuss and display proof of screen shot of text messages, time stamps, and proof of agreement of meeting and welching ect... its pretty easy.. and deff saves the smearing of a good members name and allows everybody else to see who is the bad egg and help them make the decision next time... if it was ever a issue of no evidence then a neutral feed back was allowed

You keep referring to other sites. If the grass is greener over there, there's no need to slum it on this site.

Again, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. "I called his cell phone from my work land line so it's not possible for me to provide proof of the call. If his phone doesn't show the call, he must have deleted it so he can only leave neutral feedback."

You're suggesting the mods become more involved in the details of private transactions. That's something we'd prefer to stay out of. We can but the first thing I would do is suggest more rules. Communication must be made through the site's pm system. That way, either party can report the posts. Neither party can claim the post was deleted or never happened because both parties would be able to access all the communications. Any communication through text or over the phone would be at your own risk and will not be used to determine who is in the right.

And if you're wanting us to make more rules to make sure there are no issues with transactions, we could require all users to provide their true identity when registering on this site. That way we can protect you from making a bad decision when it comes to meeting people for the transactions. How far would you like us to go with our involvement?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Example

They don't allow someone to post 6 different items in 6 different ads at the same time. And it looks like they don't have the ability to bump their ad. So it seems they give you one chance for your ad because they can't repost the ad. For all the people who like to delete the text of their ad to remove a record of the ad, they would be out of luck. They allow replies in the ad and the beyer must identify themselves to use the feedback system. So no anonymous purchases because the staff can demand their contact info. No stock photos are allowed. Photos must be of the actual item. I like some of these. We should implement some of those here. You know, for you protection.

------------------------

No more than TWO ads on page 1, and no more than FOUR ads within the first two pages.

All items MUST be priced and the price must be in the body of the listing along with the description. Ads without prices, and ads that ONLY have the price(s) in the title will be deleted without notification.

You MUST have valid contact information to sell on the Equpment Exchange, and provide it to EE Staff upon request.

You MUST have both your IM and e-mail turned on to sell here.

Do not delete ad text, including prices, or subject lines. Doing so may result in a temporary suspension from the site. Leaving the subject lines and prices intact allows others to search items out and gauge current market value.

If you buy an Item, you must post in the thread in order to leave and receive feedback under the automated feedback system.

Sellers should not re-post an ad again in order to get it back on page 1. DO NOT REPOST AN AD THAT IS LOCKED.

Sellers must not post items for sale that you do not have in their possession. Also, do not list items for sale unless you are 100% positive that you wish to sell them. No "testing the waters" to gauge buyer interest or taking pre-orders. This includes no sales for third parties. If your "friend" wishes to sell here, he must take the time to open a separate account. Refrain from posting personal info in ads, such as phone numbers and email addresses.

Sellers should use their own photos in ads. If you cannot post images of the actual item you are selling, it's best to not post images at all.

Sellers: Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item and are satisfied with the selling price. If you back out of a deal* AFTER a purchase or trade agreement has been made, your account will be locked.

Buyers: Be 100% sure that you can financially afford to purchase an item before offering to do so. If you back out of a deal* AFTER agreeing to purcahse or trade an item, your account will be locked.

*Note: If you are unsure about whether or not a deal has been struck, Inbox Instant Message an Equipment Exchange moderator or Staff Member for clarification. They will advise you on how to proceed.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    You keep referring to other sites. If the grass is greener over there, there's no need to slum it on this site.

Again, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. "I called his cell phone from my work land line so it's not possible for me to provide proof of the call. If his phone doesn't show the call, he must have deleted it so he can only leave neutral feedback."

You're suggesting the mods become more involved in the details of private transactions. That's something we'd prefer to stay out of. We can but the first thing I would do is suggest more rules. Communication must be made through the site's pm system. That way, either party can report the posts. Neither party can claim the post was deleted or never happened because both parties would be able to access all the communications. Any communication through text or over the phone would be at your own risk and will not be used to determine who is in the right.

And if you're wanting us to make more rules to make sure there are no issues with transactions, we could require all users to provide their true identity when registering on this site. That way we can protect you from making a bad decision when it comes to meeting people for the transactions. How far would you like us to go with our involvement?
    lol you silly bro!!! All I was saying simply and admin can look into a situation of retaliation feedback… but what ever bro.. lol I get it yall busy nuking all the pistol brace ads…

Btw I am on there.. I like this site for the comic relief and local buddy’s on here… no need to remind me of the rules on another site as you can see from my stats I understand them… lol and there is bumping.. it’s just don’t without the word bump.. there’s a diff system to refresh ads…

also in your rant in the copy paste of the rules you forgot to copy paste that that site allows the sale of braced pistols... :doh: .. but again post what you need for justification

IMG_5704.png

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    lol you silly bro!!! All I was saying simply and admin can look into a situation of retaliation feedback… but what ever bro.. lol I get it yall busy nuking all the pistol brace ads…

Btw I am on there.. I like this site for the comic relief and local buddy’s on here… no need to remind me of the rules on another site as you can see from my stats I understand them… lol and there is bumping.. it’s just don’t without the word bump.. there’s a diff system to refresh ads…

also in your rant in the copy paste of the rules you forgot to copy paste that that site allows the sale of braced pistols... :doh: .. but again post what you need for justification

Typical. Someone posts an example to prove their point then whines when someone actually looks at the example. They have a better ability to investigate stuff because they have more stringent requirements for their marketplace. They seem to require that you use their pm system and they require your contact info, removing anonymity. Are you cool with all of that?

And nothing was forgotten. The rules don't mention anything about braced pistols.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Typical. Someone posts an example to prove their point then whines when someone actually looks at the example. They have a better ability to investigate stuff because they have more stringent requirements for their marketplace. They seem to require that you use their pm system and they require your contact info, removing anonymity. Are you cool with all of that?

And nothing was forgotten. The rules don't mention anything about braced pistols.
    your assumption is incorrect once again... Its awful crazy how its stated several times that this is a "private site" and can change the rules anytime and however the owner wants to not sale braced pistols with out even asking anybody, yet you ask me if i would like to change the rules, and when 99.9% of the group here agree that braced pistols should be sold again.. :ghey:

but, unfortunately im stuck at work on days today so its easy for me to play on this site.. Merry Christmas and go spend some valuable time with your family... Have a good one buddy

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    your assumption is incorrect once again... Its awful crazy how its stated several times that this is a "private site"

it is

and can change the rules anytime

it can

and however the owner wants to not sale braced pistols

yep

with out even asking anybody,

it's his site, he doesn't need other people's opinion to make his decisions

yet you ask me if i would like to change the rules,

yep, i asked if you would want more intrusive rules to address negative transaction experiences, which is the subject of this thread. Our opinions won't force the owner to change the rules but you can still voice your opinions

and when 99.9% of the group here agree that braced pistols should be sold again.. :ghey:

You can sell braced pistols. Nobody has said otherwise. The only restriction is the owner said they can't be listed here. Not being allowed to list them here does restrict you selling them.

but, unfortunately im stuck at work on days today so its easy for me to play on this site.. Merry Christmas and go spend some valuable time with your family... Have a good one buddy

And I checked again, I didn't see anything in the Equipment Exchange rules about braced pistols.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    They don't allow someone to post 6 different items in 6 different ads at the same time. And it looks like they don't have the ability to bump their ad. So it seems they give you one chance for your ad because they can't repost the ad. For all the people who like to delete the text of their ad to remove a record of the ad, they would be out of luck. They allow replies in the ad and the beyer must identify themselves to use the feedback system. So no anonymous purchases because the staff can demand their contact info. No stock photos are allowed. Photos must be of the actual item. I like some of these. We should implement some of those here. You know, for you protection.

------------------------

No more than TWO ads on page 1, and no more than FOUR ads within the first two pages.

All items MUST be priced and the price must be in the body of the listing along with the description. Ads without prices, and ads that ONLY have the price(s) in the title will be deleted without notification.

You MUST have valid contact information to sell on the Equpment Exchange, and provide it to EE Staff upon request.

You MUST have both your IM and e-mail turned on to sell here.

Do not delete ad text, including prices, or subject lines. Doing so may result in a temporary suspension from the site. Leaving the subject lines and prices intact allows others to search items out and gauge current market value.

If you buy an Item, you must post in the thread in order to leave and receive feedback under the automated feedback system.

Sellers should not re-post an ad again in order to get it back on page 1. DO NOT REPOST AN AD THAT IS LOCKED.

Sellers must not post items for sale that you do not have in their possession. Also, do not list items for sale unless you are 100% positive that you wish to sell them. No "testing the waters" to gauge buyer interest or taking pre-orders. This includes no sales for third parties. If your "friend" wishes to sell here, he must take the time to open a separate account. Refrain from posting personal info in ads, such as phone numbers and email addresses.

Sellers should use their own photos in ads. If you cannot post images of the actual item you are selling, it's best to not post images at all.

Sellers: Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item and are satisfied with the selling price. If you back out of a deal* AFTER a purchase or trade agreement has been made, your account will be locked.

Buyers: Be 100% sure that you can financially afford to purchase an item before offering to do so. If you back out of a deal* AFTER agreeing to purcahse or trade an item, your account will be locked.

*Note: If you are unsure about whether or not a deal has been struck, Inbox Instant Message an Equipment Exchange moderator or Staff Member for clarification. They will advise you on how to proceed.
    That site is ridiculous lol.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    it is

it can

yep

it's his site, he doesn't need other people's opinion to make his decisions

yep, i asked if you would want more intrusive rules to address negative transaction experiences, which is the subject of this thread. Our opinions won't force the owner to change the rules but you can still voice your opinions

You can sell braced pistols. Nobody has said otherwise. The only restriction is the owner said they can't be listed here. Not being allowed to list them here does restrict you selling them.

And I checked again, I didn't see anything in the Equipment Exchange rules about braced pistols.
    Yall got me rolling here on the toilet…. Too much Christmas food and I can’t stop crapping…. I’m sure it’s not easy running a website when dealing with tons of people. As in life, none of us will ever be happy or satisfied lol. It’s just human nature. I’m just glad that the owner doesn’t try to silence us and tell us what we can or can’t say to each other within reason lol. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and I’ll probably try to post the pictures of the deal that started this thread. Just didn’t want to ruin someone’s Christmas without knowing their side of the story….

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    This site is ridiculous because the marketplace rules here aren't as intrusive as the ones on the other site?
    That other site has too many rules. It’s almost like they are a government agency trying to track everyone and what they do…. That’s probably the case for everything though lol…

Top Bottom