Where do you buy your watchbands?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Tired of this stinky Zulu band that I have tried everything to clean and get the sweat odor out of to no avail.

Where's the best place local to BR or online to order Zulu/Nato bands?

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I like the Maratac silicone bands because they are really comfortable, don't stink, and don't mess with latex allergies. Usually, ww.broadarrow.net has them as well as Zulu/NATO in stock in all sizes and types.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I don't go there anymore... I buy too much stuff! They have been out of bands for a while which is why I suggested the other site. My wife always gets mad when she sees CountyComm on the charge card.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Have any of you been successful in de-funking a nylon band? I have tried most everything I know to get the odor out and it just won't budge.

I'm not a stinky individual, I promise.

This band has absolutely no wear on it at all and I hate to throw it away, but I don't know what else to do.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't go there anymore... I buy too much stuff! They have been out of bands for a while which is why I suggested the other site. My wife always gets mad when she sees CountyComm on the charge card.

I forgot about broadarrow. They're another good spot.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Have any of you been successful in de-funking a nylon band? I have tried most everything I know to get the odor out and it just won't budge.

I'm not a stinky individual, I promise.

This band has absolutely no wear on it at all and I hate to throw it away, but I don't know what else to do.

I have a suggestion. Take the watch off the band and put the band on a belt loop of a dirty pair of shorts or pants and run it through the washer machine. At this point, what would it hurt?

JR1572

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Gonna sound weird but, I was helping my brother with the fuel line on his truck a couple weeks ago and got gas all over me, and in particular my watch. Honestly not sure if it was the gas or the dawn I used to clean up but no odor on my nato strap.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I have a suggestion. Take the watch off the band and put the band on a belt loop of a dirty pair of shorts or pants and run it through the washer machine. At this point, what would it hurt?

JR1572

I have tried that.

I also soaked it for an hour in Mr. Clean with Gain and rinsed it well. It seemed ok at first after that, but by the next day it was smelling again.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I have tried that.

I also soaked it for an hour in Mr. Clean with Gain and rinsed it well. It seemed ok at first after that, but by the next day it was smelling again.

Try what cricht0n suggested below.

Gonna sound weird but, I was helping my brother with the fuel line on his truck a couple weeks ago and got gas all over me, and in particular my watch. Honestly not sure if it was the gas or the dawn I used to clean up but no odor on my nato strap.

JR1572

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Try soaking it with Febreze and letting it air dry in the sun on your clothes line.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I drop mine in a pot of boiling water with a tablespoon of bleach. Turn off the fire andet it soak for a few minutes. Air dry

Also - run it through the washer on your next load of clothes. Drop it in a small laundry mesh bag with the rest of the clothes. Forget the name of that little bag.

Dixie_Amazon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I drop mine in a pot of boiling water with a tablespoon of bleach. Turn off the fire andet it soak for a few minutes. Air dry

Also - run it through the washer on your next load of clothes. Drop it in a small laundry mesh bag with the rest of the clothes. Forget the name of that little bag.
    A lingerie bag. You can use a pillowcase, knotted closed too.

Synthetics seem to hold on to odors. Try spraying it down with OdoBan and letting is sit for a 10-15 minutes before washing. This has worked for my boy's really stinky athletic wear.

Top Bottom