Where is the "What didja get for Christmas thread"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    my wife bought me a g26, plastic ammo box, cleaning kit i wanted and an electric knife sharpener. got some camo, propane heater, and a few misc items from family.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    7x 10-8 Basepads for the M&P 9 Pro (plus the plates needed to convert them from the "new style")
    3x for the .45

A crack-load of cold weather stuff for matches-- including hand warmers, as I griped so much about not feeling my fingers at the Gator.
    A .177 caliber mock-M&P air pistol, to "match" the one I got from the same givers for my birthday/early Christmas gift.
    Cash-- the bulk of which will go towards the Manny Class and Majors for the upcoming season, plus reloading components.

A fair amount of non-shooting related stuff as well! Nothing super-cool, but... I tend to by myself things within a few hours of deciding (for sure) that I need it. :o

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

How you gona say that and leave us with no pictures!!!!!
    attachment.php

Hmmmm, I guess I could have been a little more specific in my description. ;) :D:D:D
    Those stray cats that keep spraying my back porch are gonna get OWNED!!!!!!!!:curse:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Very nice tsx!

Thanks - I really didn't want a car note but it was a business decision. My 05 TL which I loved just clicked 102,000 miles. It was hit while at Lowes and no one claimed the damage. Then a rock hit the windshield and cracked it 5 ways all across the windshield so it needed replacement. Then it needed $4,100 in maintainence. All total was $6,500 to make it right. Acura offered me $8,500 for a trade in, knocked $1,500 off MSRP and 0.9% for 60 months. It was a no brainer.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Thanks - I really didn't want a car note but it was a business decision. My 05 TL which I loved just clicked 102,000 miles. It was hit while at Lowes and no one claimed the damage. Then a rock hit the windshield and cracked it 5 ways all across the windshield so it needed replacement. Then it needed $4,100 in maintainence. All total was $6,500 to make it right. Acura offered me $8,500 for a trade in, knocked $1,500 off MSRP and 0.9% for 60 months. It was a no brainer.

Nice! My mom has the same gen TL. They are killer also. Sounds like you were just getting it broken in, too. I really like the new front end on that TSX. I'm sure you won't regret the purchase. Haha

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Since I got my first present today I can now reply to this thread.
    This:
    1910-516x695.png

I havent tried the 12 year old yet but the regular Pendleton will make you poor Crown Royal down the drain.

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Oh, trust me. I've been counting my blessings again ever since being stuck in traffic on Highland Road on Christmas Eve night because of the fatal accident between Siegen and Bluebonnet. We could barely make out what used to be the car and on our way back three hours later, the road was still blocked. All you can do at that point is pray for the families left behind and thank the Lord me and mine were safe.

One of my employees is related by marriage to the driver who was killed. Very sad

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Since I got my first present today I can now reply to this thread.
    This:
    1910-516x695.png

I havent tried the 12 year old yet but the regular Pendleton will make you poor Crown Royal down the drain.

I have never drank a rye whiskey. How does it compair to bourbon? Pendleton is priced around the Crown Reserves range. Where did you get this?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have never drank a rye whiskey. How does it compair to bourbon? Pendleton is priced around the Crown Reserves range. Where did you get this?

Pendleton is $26 a fifth same price as regular Crown.
    Pendleton is a blended Canadian whisky, and its smooth as silk with a slight touch of vanilla coming from somewhere(a lot of people dont notice it). I was suprised to see rye on this bottle. I'll have to crack the seal tonight and find out what its all about.
    It was mailed in from Hood River Oregon, where my brother in law lives.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Pendleton is $26 a fifth same price as regular Crown.
    Pendleton is a blended Canadian whisky, and its smooth as silk with a slight touch of vanilla coming from somewhere(a lot of people dont notice it). I was suprised to see rye on this bottle. I'll have to crack the seal tonight and find out what its all about.
    It was mailed in from Hood River Oregon, where my brother in law lives.

Thank's for the info. I'm finding the 1910 around $40.00 If I can get it for $26.00 all the better. I did a little research on rye whiskey and it was interesting. I like Jim Beam Black label so I think this will be in my taste too. Please post after tasting.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Every year my wife and kids ask me what I want, and I say I don't need anything. But bless their hearts they try to buy things related to hunting even though they just don't know what to get. So they got me an ornate ammo/pistol/range box (which is cool, i can use that), a camo hat, some Giorgio Armani cologne, some needed jeans, and a new gold bracelet (a replacement for the one I had for 6 years and lost).

And yes, the bracelet may be kind of :ghey: , but I am a fancy man! :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom