Where they biting in St. Tammany?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preachandshoot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Slidell, La
    you don't want any catfish from where he is launching at :D

this is for sure. I'm looking at bass, redfish, flounder whatever. I generally do decent around mud lake. But we are thinking of running up river for more fresh water and try and tear up the bass. Never run that way before so kind of foreign to it.

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    if you do find them let me know! I love to bass fish but the only real places I know to go and do good at is Bayou Savage and Bayou Signet. What sucks is that I stay in the madisonville area and I dont know anywhere close to be able to go on short notice or when I dont have anything to do.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I fished the new and old twinspans, along with the hwy11 and train tressels yesterday and didnt get a bite all day! I was using a few types of artifitial bait, some stink bait, and trout worms. I fished the top, bottom, and all in between. Got nothing:(

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Really? I didnt think they would be holding to structure that is so new. How were yall fishing? i.e. setup

We were using shrimp weighted down so they would sink a ways. When we caught them that day the fish would usually take it on the way down.
    Most were caught under the old twinspan......sorry for the confusion. We did catch some under the new part also but not the bulk of them.

As far as the set up goes....there may be a name for that type of set up but im not really a fisherman. I go now and then with my father and use his poles and stuff so im not sure if the way he set it up has an actual name. lol.

Dread58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Pearl River, La.
    Hey guys, we fished under the lights in the Rigolets pass Sat. and Sun. night, brought home about 100 specks and probably threw back another 200 over the two nights. Great fishing didn't even have to step on a boat. Older son hooked a 4 pounder 15' off the dock. All caught on plastic bait.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Hey guys, we fished under the lights in the Rigolets pass Sat. and Sun. night, brought home about 100 specks and probably threw back another 200 over the two nights. Great fishing didn't even have to step on a boat. Older son hooked a 4 pounder 15' off the dock. All caught on plastic bait.

Nice. Private dock?

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Yeah but we had many boats pulling up and dropping anchor. They were catching too. Plenty of room for all!

Thats really cool of you, i couldnt tell you how many times we had people shut their lights off, curse at us, and even try to cast inside of the boat if we tried to fish their lights. We are always respectful, gave plenty of room if they were fishing, and very quiet. Seems like there are alof of a**holes around there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom