Where to find a decent woman?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    In your dreams???....hehe...sorry, just had to throw it out there. I'm wondering myself. But from the consensus, you'll either meet her through friends/family. I have heard of good things from dating sites. Kinda cuts out a lot of the BS. Too bad you have to pay but there's no price on love right??

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Church? Not sure, but I do know my buddy wants a woman and goes to the club or bar everyweekend, with no luck. So maybe rule that out. Do you have a dog or kid? if so go to the park, women like that.

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    I'd have to agree with friends. They know your personality and your principles. I've found a lot of good relationships in people where originally friends, and then got to know and like much more later.

It probably also helps to look somewhere more populated, say, not northern Louisiana.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Tell the rest of us when you find out!:D

In your dreams???....hehe...sorry, just had to throw it out there. I'm wondering myself. But from the consensus, you'll either meet her through friends/family. I have heard of good things from dating sites. Kinda cuts out a lot of the BS. Too bad you have to pay but there's no price on love right??

I tried those.

All I'll say, is that Other people's 'about Average' body description.....

Ain't mine!:D

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I was LUCKY to find a lady who had no objections to my guns, and enjoys playing with them. That is gonna be a hard one.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Anywhere except a bar!
    All women are crazy. Find one you can be in the same room with for 10 minutes without getting the urge to choke her and marry her! That is as good as it will get.

I actually married someone who was a close friend all thru high school. We started dating a year after we graduated and married 2 after that.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Blind date.

Well that's where I found MY wife of 15 great years. We met when she was 18 in college and the rest is history.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Take some noncredit courses at a local college? Wine tastings? Friends of co-workers? grief counseling courses (jk...).

I have two friends that are married now to people they met through online dating services. Another friend married someone he met in an online forum. You never know, maybe you'll meet someone here (maybe gocoastal has a sister? :) )

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    it is very hard to define decent but yeah you're not gonna find it in a bar.

I do go to church when I can but like gocoastal said. It isn't highly populated around here.

I don't have a dog or kid so that's not gonna work.

I looked on the dating sites but they're mostly fake profiles. The ones that are real want you to have the body of Adonis and the wallet of Gates.

Don't have many friends I hang around with. Everyone kinda moved off after graduation.

Nomad you're on the short notice list!

Nail Gun... I kinda want my own.

NUMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    You can't go to no bar to find a nice woman. You gotta go to a nice place, a quiet place, like a library, there's good women there and, um, church, they's good girls there. Or this place here, where I'm going tonight-- the black awareness rally-- there gonna be some fine women there. Good, good, clean girls.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    If your religious - church if your not - school and if your a nerd - lab

Try the online thing. Two individuals I know found their future spouses on Eharmony.com and seriously it is freaking weird how well matched for each other they are....

Last edited:

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    It doesn't have to be friends you hang around with. 2 of 3 of my single guy friends were traveling and met their girlfriends and they've just been traveling to make it work. The other one met a girl who was a friend of a friend's brother visiting in NOLA, and they've been flying back and forth.

Thinking broadly is your best bet...all those friends who moved on, maybe they know people. Maybe you need to take a few road trips to catch up with them. This is harder than it sounds, but stop looking so hard, and just keep up contacts or make new ones. I really think just looking in your geographic area is pretty limiting because there are just so few single people out there.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    it is very hard to define decent but yeah you're not gonna find it in a bar.

I do go to church when I can but like gocoastal said. It isn't highly populated around here.

I don't have a dog or kid so that's not gonna work.

I looked on the dating sites but they're mostly fake profiles. The ones that are real want you to have the body of Adonis and the wallet of Gates.

Don't have many friends I hang around with. Everyone kinda moved off after graduation.

Nomad you're on the short notice list!

Nail Gun... I kinda want my own.

You missed the ones with 3 or more kids, divorced or never married, but say they 'want to wait' AND you need to make $75K+, AND they expect NOT to work!

LOL!

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    The range, of course! (Here ma'am let me sweep that brass up for you)...

:)

Just kidding, I haven't been single in a looong time so I couldn't tell you. I caught one that doesn't complain when I buy new guns and puts up with me, so what can I say?
    ~rc~

biginch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    quality

Define decent.

attractive (not have fallen from the top of the ugly tree, midway is OK)
    intelligent (smarter than a 2nd grader)
    fiscally responsible (not looking for a hand with 80,000$ cc debt)
    accepting of firearms.
    no bedroom hangups (must be warm and willing for average activities)
    not a druggie
    not a heavy boozer
    not a future cancer volunteer. (Non Smoker)
    not fatter than me.
    good hygene (razor and wax are not four letter words, despite what gloria steinem may say)
    if she has kid(s) they should at least have the same daddy.

i could go on.

basically, if her story could keep a gossip session fired up at the local salon for more than a few minutes,:thumbsdown:.

Top Bottom