Where to get fingerprinted in NO?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deliverator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    All I have left before I send off my CCW application is the fingerprint card. I went to the closest police station and they gave me the locations of two "Confidential Identification" places that do their fingerprinting. Only they're closed at 4 and on weekends, and I can't get off work. Is there something wrong with this picture? What has it come to that a police station can't do fingerprints? What happens when they arrest someone in front of the station, do they tell him "OK, now let's drive half an hour to the nearest fingerprinting station"? They don't even have to do the background check, just put my prints on a card so I can send it to the state. Anyone in New Orleans know another place to get prints on an FBI card?

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Call up Troop B. (504) 471-2775 and ask them if they will do it.

It is located on the corner of Williams and I-10. They will usually help out a bit more than the locals.

If you still have problems, call up (225) 925-4867 and ask for Sergeant Jason Starnes, he is the sergeant in the office at the Concealed Handgun Unit at LSP in Baton Rouge. Inform him of the problem and he should be able to get it squared away.

Last edited:

deliverator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Call up Troop B. (504) 471-2775 and ask them if they will do it.

It is located on the corner of Williams and I-10. They will usually help out a bit more than the locals.

If you still have problems, call up (225) 925-4867 and ask for Sergeant Jason Starnes, he is the sergeant in the office at the Concealed Handgun Unit at LSP in Baton Rouge. Inform him of the problem and he should be able to get it squared away.
    Thanks for the info. Just found out I'll have a Friday off for the first time in a while, so hopefully it'll work out.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Troop B doesn't do fingerprints, but there's a place on the west bank that does. I just went up to state police HQ up in BR. You can get the prints and turn in your paperwork all at the same time, and they have a scanner so you don't get ink all over your hands.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I did my La. permit prints at the LSP HQ, when I did my Florida permit prints I did them at EBR Parish Prison, all prisons will have the capability - their willingness is another story. I had to go back into Central Booking where the fingerprinting station was, an older deputy did the for me, he asked a younger one if they wanted to watch to learn how... they are all trained on the new electronic scanner now and don't use the ink stuff normally anymore. After I finished they squirted me some hand cleaner and sent me in a cell to wash my hands... at least they new I had never been there before when I asked how to work the faucet and told them please don't close that door behind me. lol

Top Bottom