Where to get gunfighter/battle belt set up around Baton Rouge???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I need to put together a gunfighter type belt for classes and to use for the home protection set up. Nobody in the Lafayette area has anything of that type (as far as I know). Is there a store in the BTR area that has some different ones to check out? Would also need a Glock holster, dump pouch, etc. I can order online, but would rather be able to see some options before buying. Thanks in advance...

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Check with Bowie Outfitters in BR- they may have something.

Interstate Guns in Hammond is further from you, but they would have everything you are looking for.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Thanks for the tips. I had thought about Interstate, but was not sure what all they carry and trying to save some drive time. They may be the best bet as I need some advice on how to set it up.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Thanks for the tips. I had thought about Interstate, but was not sure what all they carry and trying to save some drive time. They may be the best bet as I need some advice on how to set it up.

Interstate has VTAC, HSGI, Blue Force Gear, Ares, Safariland, and more. ;)

5cebdb2e773e08a9ab621adebe89643d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So none of you high speed tactical gurus are going to tell him that a battle belt for home defense is a little far fetched. Well, I'm not high speed low drag but I will tell you that if you have time to grab a firearm, put on a high speed battle belt and put your family into a safe room then you should probably be dialing 911. It amazes me that the people that do this for a living and are required to wear all this crap are look for ways to streamline and be weekenders are itching to add more ****. Do yourself a favor and buy a good holster and train in what you will be using on the street in a real scenario. Getting dressed up in all that crap for a class will not do you any good if your everyday set up is something totally different.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So none of you high speed tactical gurus are going to tell him that a battle belt for home defense is a little far fetched. Well, I'm not high speed low drag but I will tell you that if you have time to grab a firearm, put on a high speed battle belt and put your family into a safe room then you should probably be dialing 911. It amazes me that the people that do this for a living and are required to wear all this crap are look for ways to streamline and be weekenders are itching to add more ****. Do yourself a favor and buy a good holster and train in what you will be using on the street in a real scenario. Getting dressed up in all that crap for a class will not do you any good if your everyday set up is something totally different.

Preach!!!!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Preach!!!!

I'm just trying to say what should have been said a long time ago. I guarantee you that LE, military, and the super SF guys aren't always changing things up and then going into battle. It's called muscle memory. If you train continuously in a thigh holster and carry your EDC in a IWB holster you are going to go for your thigh when **** kicks off.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    when I envision what I will most likely be wearing in a home defense scenario, it's a pair of briefs!;)

That would look a little odd with a battle belt.

Exactly. So best you can hope for is to throw on a pair of shorts or pants. Leave the battle belt for Isis **** lol

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

I used to have a similar position. When shooting a pistol class, it's easy enough to carry concealed or put an OWB on a riggers belt with a double mag pouch. Things get trickier when your doing a carbine/pistol class though. Lacing through a holster, 2 rifle mag pouches and a double pistol pouch is a PITA, and after a very physical 3-day VTAC class, I had bruises all around my lower rib cage from being jabbed by all that gear while working around cars and barricades. Prior to that I was all about "train like you fight", and I am anti-G.I. Joe/poser/mil-sim, etc. I never served in LE or the military and I'm not trying to pretend like I am now. But I also like to enjoy myself and be comfortable while I'm at a class, shooting and hanging out with buddies. I finally tried a Brokos belt, and it was like night and day- soooooo much more comfortable, so much more convenient. I don't use a dump pouch, but I see guys that do and it looks awfully convenient, versus carrying a bunch of empty mags in your pockets. I still stick to the most low profile set-up that I can if I'm not using both platforms, but if I'm carrying a rifle and a sidearm on my person, the Brokos is the way that I go.

I have no illusions about the fact that I would not be able to "suit up" if something goes bump in the night, but I'm also not going to be grabbing both a pistol and a rifle. I feel like if you're doing classes on a regular basis that employ transitions between both platforms, a belt is almost a necessity, unless you want to do the whole chest rig/body armor thing.

Like you said, "train like you fight" in a home defense situation would be me running around in the dark in my skivvies, barefoot, with a rifle, which isn't really a viable option for most classes. Plus, I'm sure no one wants to see that anyway.

ETA: I am neither high speed, nor a "tactical guru." I just like to shoot, a lot, and I prefer to be comfortable when doing so.

Last edited:

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Seems like most folks tried to answer his question, he didn't ask for opinions on what to train with. And for what it's worth a buckle on a ready to go rig is pretty dang quick, then you have everything you need, or at least everything you're used to training with if he does as planned and trains with a belt.

Top Bottom