Where's the Club?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Clean one up, another pops up! :) I dont know really what type, I am just looking for people to shoot with, try different firearms, shoot skeet, ya know just have a good time. I know there are lots of people around me, every time I start to shoot its like the call of the wild. I can hear shots ringing out north,south,east & west! I have some acreage and have a few target setup. I think I can squeeze out 100 yrds if needed. Maybe someone can give me some ideas.

kdavis1984

Practice, Practice
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Denham Springs
    I've started with handguns, haven't even gotten into rifles yet. Definitely gonna have to get with you on a weekend and let some brass fly. Also interested in getting something started, I have a few buddies who also shoot and are members on here as well. Hell I've never tried to shoot skeet, that would be awesome to give a try at.pm me anytime you wanna have some company

Last edited:

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Yep, skeet shooting is fun as heck, cheap too. Case of skeet - $5, Case of Ammo - $20, Blasting away till your shoulder hurts - PRICELESS! Your welcome to come out anytime! I am thinking I might build a backstop out of a mountain of clay I have left over from digging my pond. Just need a way to move it.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Any clubs in the walker/denham/hammond area? If not who wants to start one and whats the procedure?

If you mean HUNTING club, then I would suggest LA Sportsman.

As far as SHOOTING clubs, there are SEVERAL here in the Metro BR and South LA area.

Amite, La (Tangi Practical Shooters) is one, they host USPSA and IDPA matches.

Baker, La (Baker Range) Open every day and Wed night we have a USPSA style practice.

Precision (Baton Rouge) is like Baker, except we hold that practice on Monday Nights.

Nicks (Garyville, La) is an open range with matches on Thursday nights.

Gonzales (East Ascension Practical Shooters) holds USPSA matches.

I can go on and on...

It would prolly best to look at the tool bar on here and click the words CALENDAR and it will break everything down what I mentioned and then some....

Last edited:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Pro Nunce Ation

Just moved to Albany would like to meet new people

Welcome to the area TerrrK

You do realize that ALBANY is pronounced:

All Ban Eh right? lol

albany.jpg

Countryboy1985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    I've started with handguns, haven't even gotten into rifles yet. Definitely gonna have to get with you on a weekend and let some brass fly. Also interested in getting something started, I have a few buddies who also shoot and are members on here as well. //Hell I've never tried to shoot skeet//, that would be awesome to give a try at.pm me anytime you wanna have some company

Haha! I can't wait to see you shoot skeet!!:D

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Yep, I will have to get my camera out for that one. I am off this weekend, I think wally world has the skeet for $5 bucks a case now. I have a few boxes of #8 target load. Drop me a PM id you want to come by. Probably sat afternoon or sunday.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Y'all ever get anything together? I've been looking for some people to shoot with recreationally in the BR and surrounding area. Used to shoot a lot of skeet but lately its been mostly handguns and the AR.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I would be down to meet up.. im in amite.. i just started getting into guns tho.. I only have a handgun for now :(... but i got my eye on a couple im looking to get soon

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    If you mean HUNTING club, then I would suggest LA Sportsman.

As far as SHOOTING clubs, there are SEVERAL here in the Metro BR and South LA area.

Amite, La (Tangi Practical Shooters) is one, they host USPSA and IDPA matches.

Baker, La (Baker Range) Open every day and Wed night we have a USPSA style practice.

Precision (Baton Rouge) is like Baker, except we hold that practice on Monday Nights.

Nicks (Garyville, La) is an open range with matches on Thursday nights.

Gonzales (East Ascension Practical Shooters) holds USPSA matches.

I can go on and on...

It would prolly best to look at the tool bar on here and click the words CALENDAR and it will break everything down what I mentioned and then some....

If you get up to Mississippi there is the Southwest Gun Club in McComb. My wife and I are members up there.

soileddove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Northshore
    Shooting range in Amite

Florida Parishes Skeet & Conservation Club is located just outside of Amite off Hwy. 1054. This shooting range offers various disciplines of shooting. They have multiple skeet houses for skeet shooting, and they also have a very active cowboy action shooting experience. If you are not familiar with cowboy action shooting, it involves the use of two pistols, a rifle and a shotgun. Pistols and rifles are single action firearms, unless a Wild Bunch category is being offered when the single action pistols are replaced with 1911's. Additional information can be supplied upon request.

Top Bottom