Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Everybody needs to learn how to spell!!!

I've flown planes, worked on aircraft, worked as a diver, worked on barges, boats, rigs, platforms and more. With these experiences where communication is important the phonetic alphabet is second nature to me. When talking to my Grandma I've caught myself saying "Roger that" instead of "yes ma'am."

For those that don't know when you order on the McDonalds app it gives you a 4 character code that you then have to give to the drive through attendant. Today my code was SK48. When I get to the speaker I say "Sierra Kilo Four Eight." (I've been complimented by other drive through attendants for doing it this way) Even when I say SK48 the girl doesn't understand and tells me to pull around. At the window she says "we don't have a CK48 order." No explaining can convince her that that wasn't what I was saying until I show her the code on my phone!

For those of you fellow gearheads who wish to remind me that Oldsmobile had a Cutlass Ciera. I'll ask you where Oldsmobile is today?

Furthermore......Pepsi spun off Yum Brands. Yum Brands owns KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell. Why is it then that Taco Bell is always out of the Pepsi product I order??

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    swc8odrea7h21.jpg
    st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
    Phonetic-Alphabet-1-1024x622.jpg

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I love this!! I do this sometimes, but get weird looks so I have to pick and choose where and whom I'm talking to to try this.
    I do as well.
    I pour it upon whomever is in earshot at the moment. I just talk that way due to my line of work.
    If they have an issue with it, IDGAF.
    laugh-crying-laughing.gif

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    After working with a guy that had to include his initials on an order R.S. was issued as Rat $hift. So now I make mine Up as I go. Often it’s PG-13.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    We used to go to Jack in the Box every night going to work. Got to know them and one night at the window I asked them what freq. their headsets were on.
    She said "We don't have Freqs".

I Roger That on the radio everyday lol

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Everybody needs to learn how to spell!!!

I've flown planes, worked on aircraft, worked as a diver, worked on barges, boats, rigs, platforms and more. With these experiences where communication is important the phonetic alphabet is second nature to me. When talking to my Grandma I've caught myself saying "Roger that" instead of "yes ma'am."

For those that don't know when you order on the McDonalds app it gives you a 4 character code that you then have to give to the drive through attendant. Today my code was SK48. When I get to the speaker I say "Sierra Kilo Four Eight." (I've been complimented by other drive through attendants for doing it this way) Even when I say SK48 the girl doesn't understand and tells me to pull around. At the window she says "we don't have a CK48 order." No explaining can convince her that that wasn't what I was saying until I show her the code on my phone!

For those of you fellow gearheads who wish to remind me that Oldsmobile had a Cutlass Ciera. I'll ask you where Oldsmobile is today?

Furthermore......Pepsi spun off Yum Brands. Yum Brands owns KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell. Why is it then that Taco Bell is always out of the Pepsi product I order??
    Pro-tip: Don't eat at McDonalds... Eat real food.

Top Bottom