Who Else Has Given Up On The Gun Show?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Just got back and really think it will be my last time. 95% vastly overpriced chinese crap, 2% decent product but vastly overpriced, 3% pralines and beef jerky.

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    I think the last gun show I ever went to was back in 2010 when I was still stationed at FT. Bliss. I have yet to back to another one. Like you said everything is over priced, a lot of the dealers are rude, they seem to have turned into flea markets than gun shows. The other thing for me is they always seem so far from me and I really do not like driving two or three hours each way just to go look at stuff. I tend to look on the forums I am a member on to buy, sell and trade my guns and always try to do it localy as a FTF deal is better so each party can see what they are getting and it gives you a chance to meet each other.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    ive always been into guns but didn't get into them as heavy until 5-6 years ago. ive worked at the same place since and EVERY time there was a gun show at lamar it was a weekend i was working. im not taking vacation for it so i never went. until earlier this year. one finally fell on a weekend i was off. went and checked it out and i was amazed that there was actually people there buying the stuff they were selling after seeing the crap and high prices they were pushing. the only thing i bought from there was a bottle of gun cleaner from some start up company and a bs shirt. the cleaner works good the shirt didn't fit. i don't plan to ever go back.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have no plans to go to another local show anytime soon. Now if I happen to show up at the Dallas or Tulsa show by chance, that's somewhere I'd enjoy walking around for a couple days.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The one in Gonzales is a good way to lose eight dollars and two hours of your time. I usually end up spending the money over at Cabela's after leaving.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I think the last gun show I went to was in New Orleans, been to one at Lamar Dixon once !!! Way overpriced and not many deals to find, and no genuine one on one interest from one merchant in the place.....The general attitude from the merchants was rude and uninterested !! Don't think you're going to sell many guns like that !!! The gun shows back in the early to late 80's in the B.R. Centroplex were the last of the best gun shows. I wouldn't waste my money on another gun show !!!!

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I have no plans to go to another local show anytime soon. Now if I happen to show up at the Dallas or Tulsa show by chance, that's somewhere I'd enjoy walking around for a couple days.

Tulsa show is amazing..but I haven't been in a while. Check it out here..

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

We should make it a BayouShooter road trip in April of 2013

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    April ... April ...
    Should have the rice planted, could possible be harvesting wheat but let's see when the time comes.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    i usually go to finger bang all the goodies and see what feels good......then i go online and buy for cheaper (including shipping and ffl charges). screw buying local when all they do is try to rip you off

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Gun Shows around here are a joke. If you want to write a book on the dumb **** people say about guns, then go ahead and go, otherwise they serve no purpose. I got lucky once and got a good deal on some mags, and I was shocked. I handed the guy money before he could realize what he had just done.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I go to the guy who sells all the gun parts. He has had several parts I needed for milsurps in the past. The guy who sharpens my knife is also popular with me. If you keep an eye on what people are carrying around looking to sell you can make some nice deals. Otherwise? Blah!

Dave

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Everytime I go I say its my last one but I always end up going back. However I seem to have kept my word last show because I didnt go this weekend. Sounds like I didnt miss much lol.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Snookie TRIED to warn us over 2 years ago about the future of GUN SHOWS

Great Posts...Im done with the Gun Show Fun:}
    Been listening to the Mayor for a couple of years!

"Originally posted by Snookie Sept. 6th 2010 8:27am BACK IN THE DAY

Great Selection
    Last visit all I saw was a great selection of costume jewelry, toys and gimmick items.

Oh yea and a bunch of sellers who acted like I was bothering them when I asked a question! Kinda reminds me of when I visit the Senior Citizens at the Young at Heart luncheon. They don't want to stop visiting and eating to talk to you! LOL

r09lfcjvrq7hddatwt1.jpg

I'm going to take the entrance fee and gas money and buy me some roasted peanunts, a bag of popcorn and a grape soda instead!

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Oh, i don't know..once in a while you come across a great deal, for example, at the show yesterday i picked up an antique blow gun used by the Mexican Special Forces in WWII. It came with papers of authenticity so I don't think i was ripped off.

Top Bottom