Who feels safe in Baton Rouge....?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Wrong. Perkins Rowe, that bastion of upper-crust yuppiedom, was thought to be the last refuge, so to speak. The wogs have figured out its a target-rich environment, like all the theaters when the sun goes down. The savages are EVERYWHERE in this town.

Soooo... Hmm. The 14 yr old wants to take a couple week long courses at the University that's geared towards high school students during the summer. We have a choice between Oxford (Ole Miss) and LSU. It's going to be me and her, no Jody. We're better off in Oxford? (Ernie may can answer this one a wee bit more maybe, not sure if he grew up in Ms, or just went to Miss St)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge has its share of issues, sure.

Does this mean I am afraid of driving down Florida Blvd after dark? Nope.

What it does mean to me is it's always a good idea to prepare yourself as best you can, and always pay attention to your surroundings. There are areas of this town I have no business being in. I act accordingly.

It's my hometown. I love it despite all the problems it has. But Baton Rouge hasn't been "Mayberry" for a long, long time....

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Man, how BTR has changed. I remember when Cortana opened...

Don't sweat the thugs, not one HK amongst them. When they discover how to pronounce "Koch" properly instead of calling their affectations "bitchez", I'll begun to worry.

Yeah, I here ya. LOL!

But dem mofos CAN pronounce "Glock" and "AK"...

The random stuff, yeah I'm concerned but organized, trained, SUSTAINED ASSAULTS? No.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Dave when you idiocy gets pointed out you always fall back on calling someone immature. Have you noticed some of the jokes you make? The one about the ice chest you had for sale after a body was found in an ice chest.....mature? Not so much...

Couple things stood out to me in the vid: 1. The guy with the AR was schooled on the penetration advantage of the .223. and 2. The AR was equipped with the entire "...your in the National Guard and your about to deploy RFI Starter Kit" complete with SOPMOD and Grip Pod. My guess is that man is a Veteran. In that case you have to at least consider that he may have the skill set to put metal on meat.

It is likely he has spent more time on ranges than most of the posters in this thread. Plinking at cans is not training. Hunting is not training. Training is Training. A good amount of fair to excellent training is available in South Louisiana. Take advantage of it.

JWG said it best...having a Baby Grand don't make you Billy Joel. Instead of debating whether or not you wanna use your Tax Money on the new Attorney General Model Revolving Shotgun that shoots .455 Casul and 10ga shells or The newest best new ray gun ever maybe you should take that money, buy a thousand rounds of ammo for the gun you already have, and take a class.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    So anyway...back to the video... Where are the Feds? Any other time (recently) they'd be kicking down doors at 0300hrs to arrest the terrorists posting these vids. WTF?

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I just drove by where this video was made. I felt the need to keep my hand on my weapon while driving by, not the best neighbor hood mind you! Quoting a NOPD officer "Act like a thug, die like a thug!"

Bam Bam

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Dunno jack about Oxford.

I can tell you that there have been an inordinate number of attempted robberies, rapes, and several murders on, and close by, that campus in the past few years. Some have been successful. The cops and the media have been trying to keep it all low-key... I mean, after all, we don't want all the LSU football fans rising up in righteous indignation. Gotta keep those dollars flowing in, you see...

That said, with the exception of one homicide, all of this crap has been happening at night (that I know of; I'm sure there have been incidents we haven't heard about).

As for the rest of the city, sure, most of the assaults are black-on-black, primarily in north Baton Rouge. But there were two incidents right off College Drive over the week-end. One was a real hoot... Tyrone and LeRoy decided to rob Cyrus, not knowing Cyrus be packing heavy. Tyrone showed his gat and announced the stick-up, and immediately collected three .40 caliber ball rounds in the thoracic region. LeRoy, seeing his brah not doing so hot, pulled HIS **** and shot at Cyrus. Unfortunately, Tyrone's neck be in the way. Tyrone assumed room temperature, Leroy got sacked up by BRPD, and all Cyrus suffered was a case of the red ass and having his gat seized... which he will get back in due time, I suspect.

You can't make this **** up. But the point is, it occurred in a- shall we say- unusual area.

I'm not "afraid" either... but I damn sure don't relax when I'm out and about. This business is just going to get worse, because EVERYBODY is afraid to call it what it is and take steps to reduce it. The video in the OP is just the tip of the iceberg.

I HATE going to the College Dr area...but, sometimes it must be done.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    I dont fell completely safe at most places. Stupid **** happens everywhere. There's no place in Br i wouldn't go if i actually needed too, but there are many places i keep my big white ass out of if i can help it. However i drove down north blvd at 9-10 pm every night for months going to the brcc campus downtown. This is also in a very loud, very low, attention grabbing truck. Was it ideal, no, but i paid attention at every light and kept to myself until i was back on my side of the world.

as for the news/police not reporting crimes, that is bad. I know a few years back there was a lot of home break ins that went "un noticed" in the yuppie mid city area. A friend got his door kicked in after about 3 neighbors had the same thing happen with in a week or two and was told publicizing it would lower his property value. I know of a few other strings of break ins in some nice neighborhoods in the EBR area, that ive never seen mentioned on the news

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Couple things stood out to me in the vid: 1. The guy with the AR was schooled on the penetration advantage of the .223. and 2. The AR was equipped with the entire "... you're in the National Guard and you're about to deploy RFI Starter Kit" complete with SOPMOD and Grip Pod. My guess is that man is a Veteran. In that case you have to at least consider that he may have the skill set to put metal on meat.

It is likely he has spent more time on ranges than most of the posters in this thread. Plinking at cans is not training. Hunting is not training. Training is Training. A good amount of fair to excellent training is available in South Louisiana. Take advantage of it.

U recognized what I recognized. Someone may be smuggling weaponry or he's a vet or he's been reading. Gangs in the military? Yep..

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dunno jack about Oxford.

I can tell you that there have been an inordinate number of attempted robberies, rapes, and several murders on, and close by, that campus in the past few years. Some have been successful. The cops and the media have been trying to keep it all low-key... I mean, after all, we don't want all the LSU football fans rising up in righteous indignation. Gotta keep those dollars flowing in, you see...

That said, with the exception of one homicide, all of this crap has been happening at night (that I know of; I'm sure there have been incidents we haven't heard about).

As for the rest of the city, sure, most of the assaults are black-on-black, primarily in north Baton Rouge. But there were two incidents right off College Drive over the week-end. One was a real hoot... Tyrone and LeRoy decided to rob Cyrus, not knowing Cyrus be packing heavy. Tyrone showed his gat and announced the stick-up, and immediately collected three .40 caliber ball rounds in the thoracic region. LeRoy, seeing his brah not doing so hot, pulled HIS **** and shot at Cyrus. Unfortunately, Tyrone's neck be in the way. Tyrone assumed room temperature, Leroy got sacked up by BRPD, and all Cyrus suffered was a case of the red ass and having his gat seized... which he will get back in due time, I suspect.

You can't make this **** up. But the point is, it occurred in a- shall we say- unusual area.

I'm not "afraid" either... but I damn sure don't relax when I'm out and about. This business is just going to get worse, because EVERYBODY is afraid to call it what it is and take steps to reduce it. The video in the OP is just the tip of the iceberg.

Very well put!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Soooo... Hmm. The 14 yr old wants to take a couple week long courses at the University that's geared towards high school students during the summer. We have a choice between Oxford (Ole Miss) and LSU. It's going to be me and her, no Jody. We're better off in Oxford? (Ernie may can answer this one a wee bit more maybe, not sure if he grew up in Ms, or just went to Miss St)

Oxford would be much pleasanter and safer.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    So anyway...back to the video... Where are the Feds? Any other time (recently) they'd be kicking down doors at 0300hrs to arrest the terrorists posting these vids. WTF?

the video is old as hell. and word on the street when it was first posted was that a few of them did get arrested probably for being retarded and showing the interwebs you posessing a firearm and being a felon

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    That video = I'm just shaking my head.

Safety is an illusion.

We live in a concrete jungle and have video evidence that well armed savages are on the prowl.

And IOP1, my settings are 40 per page.

Not where I live. People like that wouldn't get within a mile (literally) of my house. JPSO would swarm them likes bees on honey long before they got anywhere near me. We have a good police department here.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I went to Fuzzy's the other day with my ole lady. Beats the hell out of Izzo's. I'm not a big "stuff everything into a tube" kinda guy.

Top Bottom