Who in the BR area has a ransom rest?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    I have a Ransom Rest with inserts for a 1911 and a K-frame S&W revolver. If you want to test anything else...you'll have to buy the inserts to fit the frame of your gun. They are close to fifty dollars plus shipping from Brownell's.

What are you trying to accomplish? Checking for accuracy or do you want to check loads?

Buddy

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I really just want to check the accuracy on two 1911s. I have one that is a rattle box and would like to know if it's accuracy is affected.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I really just want to check the accuracy on two 1911s. I have one that is a rattle box and would like to know if it's accuracy is affected.

The "rattle box" may be more accurate shooting by hand than in a rest because the rest holds the frame and lets the slide move whereas shooting by hand requires you to align the sights every time.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    PM me and I will will give you my phone number and we can go from there.

Buddy

Thanks! Sent!

The "rattle box" may be more accurate shooting by hand than in a rest because the rest holds the frame and lets the slide move whereas shooting by hand requires you to align the sights every time.

I've read that and don't disagree to an extent. I seem to shoot one better than the other and not as well as some of my other guns. I wanted to kind of nail down where the gun was at so I could work on my accuracy problems or the guns depending on my findings.

Top Bottom