Who really shut the government down. Best explanation so far

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Thomas Sowell doesn't get near the respect he deserves, mostly because he's a black conservative.

A VERY intelligent individual. By reading his columns/books, you can tell his conclusions come from rational, informed thought, not tired political rhetoric.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    This is all BS.

The government is only 17% shutdown. IMHO it should be rolled back another 40%.

Who cares really. How many people have lost thier job due to gov. regulations? The arrogance, and entitlment mentality is stunning.

Also the default threat is more BS.

Fed takes in 220B a month. National debt payment is 23B. The fed has to pay its debt per the Constitution.

This debt ceiling is not about money spent, its about future money these f**ktards want to spend/waste.

Default haha when are "We The People" going to wake up!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    jcbvh if you don't think we're worse off right now, and that the .gov is ****ing things up by being shut down where they are, then your head is in some deep sand.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    800,000 non essential workers means we the tax payer dont need them.

If you dont think we have a bloated, arrogant, out of control government, then your head is in the sand right next to mine.

Move to the Wash DC area for a while, and see for yourself.

If they are f**king things up as you put it, its on purpose, and that my friend is an even bigger problem.

DC is not some shiny all knowing deity on a hill.

Its entitlement and power drunk people, and THAT is what makes it dangerous.

The WHOLE surrounding MD/DC/N.VA area has the disease.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Great article, unfortunately the people that need to read and understand it most likely never will. That's the real shame. They are being misled by a bunch of self serving scumbags like Harry and Nancy.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    800,000 non essential workers means we the tax payer dont need them.
    Don't be such a short sighted, superficial, talking-point face-value fool. Don't let the terms "non-essential" make up your mind for you. The label applied to the services has nothing to do with whether they are essential or not. It's an empty word from the empty souls of politicians who are playing a political chess game, using American Citizens as pawns, and the only winners will be their own pocket books when their respective lobbies thank them for their service at the cost of hundreds of millions of Americans ways of life.

The thing is 'non essential' to who? Do the $100k payments to the families of soldiers KIA to help pay for funeral, burial, etc, mean they are nonessential? Does the Near Earth Object tracking that detects and tracks the movement of celestial bodies that pose a risk to Earth rate as nonessential? Does the scientific research for testing cures for cancers and diseases rate as nonessential? Do National Parks rate as nonessential? What about the furloughed people at the FDA/EPA/NIH/DOE? What about the current contaminated food outbreak that is proving antibiotic-resistant, that doesn't have the FDA/CDC testing coordination to help analyze and combat it? What about the dozens of contaminated sites being cleaned up by the EPA in 47 different states that they just walked off the job of? The list goes on. Depending on the length of shutdown, we could see many more things dropping from the radar including Federal /Courts/.

What about ESSENTIAL?

Do you feel like the gyms that service both the House and Senate should remain open? Boehner directly exempted the shutdown of the House gym and the staff that maintain it. It's reported that the gym serving Senators remains open and Senators commented on still going. Do you think that the essential services include Camp David and the staff there? I'm not going to continue looking up the scoff-worthy 'essential' services I've forgotten because it'll just **** me off more than I already am from listing the "non-essential" services I could remember off the top of my head.

So you can read the talking points laughing at how much government is "NON ESSENTIAL" and I'll continue looking at the ACTUAL effects of furloughed employees and services and make up my mind from that.

If you dont think we have a bloated, arrogant, out of control government, then your head is in the sand right next to mine.
    I never said the gov't wasn't bloated. The Federal Government is QUITE bloated, but this is not how you trim the fat.

If they are f**king things up as you put it, its on purpose, and that my friend is an even bigger problem.
    YEP!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am hoping for a total meltdown. There are not enough people (that count), aware of the shell game that is going on. A complete and total meltdown will start all other economies to buckle (because the US is the "free" gasoline for their engines too), and then maybe; just maybe, some of theses zombies that walk around agreeing with anything they read on twitter or see on the Jon Stewart, will wake up.

Now, I know it won't come to that, but that's the catalyst we need to get enough people off of their asses to throw every one of these thieves out on their asses!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Some more facts about this shutdown before you place 100% of the blame on the Senate/Obama. This whole fight has /nothing/ to do with Obamacare, and never did. It's a red herring to keep the GOP-voting public behind their Reps, which much of you appear to still be. They know the GOP-line-towing voters hate Obamacare and are PLAYING you because of that:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/gop-s...ll-link-to-debt-ceiling-fight/article/2536750
    Those Republicans said Wednesday that the spending impasse that shut down the government early Tuesday is less about conservatives' desire to derail Obamacare than it is about strengthening their hand in the debt-ceiling talks. That borrowing limit must be raised by Oct. 17 to prevent the government from defaulting on its financial obligations and Republicans say any future agreement to reopen the government would link the spending bill and the debt ceiling.

*This is not just about Obamacare anymore,* centrist Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y., said.

*We’re not going to be disrespected,* conservative Rep. Marlin Stutzman, R-Ind., added. *We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.*
    *The [budget bill] is now part of the debt ceiling fight and we may see a shutdown that extends to mid-October,* said a veteran Republican operative with relationships on Capitol Hill. *Boehner could not pass a [budget bill] with mostly Democratic support now and then have any chance of holding Republicans on the debt ceiling.*
    When asked if House Republicans would vote on a "clean" continuing resolution, he said, "Why in the world would you do that?* Cole said of the clean funding bill. *That’s basically, at this point, a surrender to the Democratic position.*

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/360234/boehner-gop-grand-bargain-works-robert-costa
    House Republicans tell me Speaker John Boehner wants to craft a *grand bargain* on fiscal issues as part of the debt-limit deliberations, and during a series of meetings on Wednesday, he urged colleagues to stick with him.
    *It’s the return of the grand bargain,* says one House Republican, who requested anonymity to speak freely. *There weren’t a lot of specifics discussed, and the meetings were mostly about just checking in. But he’s looking hard at the debt limit as a place where we can do something big.*
    Michael Steel, Boehner’s spokesman, wouldn’t comment on the closed-door meetings. *The speaker has always said we’ll need substantial spending cuts and reforms in order to raise the debt limit, like in the debt-limit bill we’ve been discussing,* he says. *But let’s drop the phrase ‘grand bargain.’ Right now, there’s nothing grand, and there’s no one to bargain with.*

On top of it all - this Continuing Resolution they're debating will in no way stop Obamacare, regardless of how the amendments brought forth! Back in /JULY/ this was already researched and decided upon!
    http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=0af8b42a-b2b9-484b-b0d4-9d27e2b690ac

It appears that substaintial ACA implementation might continue during a lapse in annual appropriations that resulted in a temporary government shutdown for two reasons. The first is that the federal government will be able to rely on sources of funding other than annual discretionary appropriations to support implementation activities, including multiple-year and no-year discretionary funds still available for obligation as well as mandatory funds. The second reason, which is covered in more detail in the answers to several of the other quesitons, is that agencies may continue to perform certain types of activities that fall under exceptions to the Antideficiency Act, which generally prohibits continued operations in the absence of appropriations.

HCERA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Care_and_Education_Reconciliation_Act_of_2010) created a Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund (HIRIF) to which it appropriated $1 billion. Both the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Servicides (CMS, within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)) and the IRS have used these mandatory funds to cover the costs associated with ACA's implementation. The HIRIF apporpriation was one of numerous appropriations included in ACA that collectively provide billions of dollars of mandatory funding to support new and existing grant programs and other activities. The HHS shudown contingency plan that was prepared in anticipation of a possible government shutdown in FY2012 indicated that ACA implementation activities at CMS would continue because of mandatory funding provided in the law.

OBAMACARE IS ALREADY FUNDED. IT'S DONE. IT WAS NEVER AT RISK DURING ANY OF THESE DEBATES.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's all very nice research, but I think it is refreshing that some of these used condoms are actually doing what they promised the saps that voted for them to do. Red herring or not.

If you want to spend millions to get a job that only pays thousands, and you look me in the eye while shaking my hand and tell me if I give you my vote, you will go up there and stick a pink dildo in your ass; then I will have no qualms when the opposition calls you a homo; after you stick the pink dildo in your ass!

If you get there, and you have to compromise (because that's what they have to do to get things done), then it's okay to use a black dildo! But it still better go in your ass!

That's accountability to your constituency!

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    That's all very nice research, but I think it is refreshing that some of these used condoms are actually doing what they promised the saps that voted for them to do. Red herring or not.

If you want to spend millions to get a job that only pays thousands, and you look me in the eye while shaking my hand and tell me if I give you my vote, you will go up there and stick a pink dildo in your ass; then I will have no qualms when the opposition calls you a homo; after you stick the pink dildo in your ass!

If you get there, and you have to compromise (because that's what they have to do to get things done), then it's okay to use a black dildo! But it still better go in your ass!

That's accountability to your constituency!

I'm not even going to bother trying to wrap my mind around your dildo fascination to figure out what your point is. Maybe stating it differently will help. Or not. Whatever, I'm a user, not a cop.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm not even going to bother trying to wrap my mind around your dildo fascination to figure out what your point is. Maybe stating it differently will help. Or not. Whatever, I'm a user, not a cop.

But you DO know what the point is! Sometimes the symbolism of dildo usage is the only way to explain what they do up there! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom