Who thinks they don't have Road Rage !!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    n640896890_1879185_7335.jpg

I'm almost afraid to ask this, RCM, but........did you get stuck in a sewage pond??? :eek3::eek4::puke:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    with the loud bass stereos, and so on get to keep doing what they do, but don't dare go over the speed limit or else Mr Lawman's gonna get you!:rolleyes:

That seems to be all the LEO's care about enforcing. The speed limit. (or maybe window tint too dark) 11mph over and you're busted. Pay up.

No turn signals, no problem. Play your bass so loud it rattles everyone elses windows, no problem. Driving slower than everyone else in the left lane? No problem.

WHY don't the previously posted infractions get ticketed? <snipped>

I did a "ride along" with my nephew once. One unlucky fellow had his stereo cranked, and we pulled up next to him at a light. He didn't even have the respect to turn it down with a cop sitting next to him. Nephew pulled him over, because of the Noise ordinance. He had an attachment and was taken to jail...

Oh, the funny thing was, it wasn't even a souped up system, just the stock stereo in the car.

Sometimes, they get what they deserve.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I did a "ride along" with my nephew once. One unlucky fellow had his stereo cranked, and we pulled up next to him at a light. He didn't even have the respect to turn it down with a cop sitting next to him. Nephew pulled him over, because of the Noise ordinance. He had an attachment and was taken to jail...

Sometimes, they get what they deserve.

not often enough,

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Don't even get me started about other drivers!! It has literally taken me years to figure out that you just can't fix STUPID!! I just go with the flow now, but one thing that does tick me off, is that all of a sudden everyone is cracking down on window tint. You can't go to a gas station or oil exchange place in A-town any more without someone pulling out a tint meter. I went to get an inspection sticker at Jiffy Lube off of Jackson St. the other day and the service technician tells me that I can't do it because your window tint is to dark. I asked him if he had a tint meter and he said yes, but I don't have to put on your windows, I can tell. Besides, you don't have a sticker under your tint stating who tinted them. I told him, not to worry about, and I asked him if he ever thought that I might have requested that no sticker be used. Anyway, I went over to the Texaco on MacArthur and he too pulled out a tint meter. Put it on my window and said, your good to go man. $10 please. Needless to say, I was somewhat ticked off by now, because it was hot, it was 5:00pm traffic and I had to drive across town. Anyone else experiencing the sudden LAW ENFORCED tint meter readings for an inspection sticker in your city?

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    I got ran off the road this morning on my bike. Once shock wore off and pissed off emotions from the stupid chick who clearly saw me after she almost hit me and watched me go down drove off. A mile or 2 up the road after picking up my bike and discovering NO damage I was gtg again without anger. Take deep breaths and don't sweat it. The 19 year old I was awile ago would have chased her down and kicked in her car.

That's the reason that I sold my bike 10yrs ago. Unmarked APD unit run a red light and I had 2 choices. #1 Hit him broad side, #2 Lay it down. I chose #2. Guess who got the ticket? ME!! Failure to maintain control of a vehicle. This was given to me by a motorcycle officer. The unmarked unit that run the red light stopped, the officer got out of his car, asked me if I was ok, then got back in his car and drove off. After I picked my bike and myself up out of MacArthur Dr. and made it to the shoulder, I looked around and saw him parked in the back of Outback Steakhouse waiting on me to just leave the scene. I road over to him, crooked bars, torn pipes, me cut up, bleeding and 4 broke ribs and I told him to call a unit. That's when I noticed he was law enforcement and he was taking his kids to school - they were in the back seat. Motorcycle officer shows up, tells me to go clean all the blood off myself, I come back out and the unit that run the red light is gone and the motorcycle officer has his ticket book out waiting on me. So, I know how you feel. Needless to say, be safe and watch your surroundings, because I can promise you that someone out there isn't. I had a full knee replacement after the wreck and I just couldn't risk laying another one down because of some idiot out there not paying attention.

Last edited:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    When I was selling LE supplies, I sold hundreds and hundreds of tint meters, but NO ONE asked for decible meters.

Yeah, that dark tint is such a problem.

dont get me started on DB violations... cops are idiots to state law, outside of speeding or wreckless driving... tint is a joke and if a good lawyer were to exercise his/her talent, the state law on tint could be almost ruled unconstitutional

edit: let me clarify, State Police and Lafourche Parish...

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

I'm almost afraid to ask this, RCM, but........did you get stuck in a sewage pond??? :eek3::eek4::puke:

nope, i was still drunk the next morning one weekend and my roommates convinced me to try out my new 33" TSL radials in the drainage pond at our apartment. Lets just say the staff wasn't too happy haha. I had a butt ton of fun doin it though!

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I could be calm as can be, but once I get in the car, I get angry. I just can't help it.

However, it's not about the usual stuff, since I'm not usually on the interstate.

1. I hate the gutter punk bicyclists in NOLA. They purposely taunt you and try to get hit. I guess because I'm not being "green" like they are.

2. Left lane laggers suck, but when I am in the RIGHT lane, and not a soul is in the left lane, why do you have to tailgate me? Just go around. Speed limit is 60, I'm going 58. Deal with it and go around.

3. The speed limit on Chartres in Bywater in 25mph. I'm not going over it, especially with the speed camera sitting right by Elizabeth's

4. The trains and bridges freak me out. St. Claude bobs up and down when a truck gets on or off of it, and the trains on Press Street don't even bother blowing the horn when they come through. Not to mention, the lights only come on about 10 seconds before the train passes.

5. All the Boom Boom does suck. I like my heartbeat the way it is.

I-10 through Metry can be bad, but I avoid I-12 like the plague. People are certifiably insane on that thing. No wonder it looks like a cemetery.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I got my road rage from the left lane laggers and the cell phone talkers...I drove a hotshot rig pulling a 35' gooseneck full time,when I wasnt doing that I drove a 28 yrd gravel truck part time for a total of about 5 yrs..I'm not gonna sit hear and say truck drivers are angels because they arent :dunno: !!! I will tell you that anyone that expects those vehicles to stop or turn on the dime,come sit behind the wheel of a heavy vehicle for a while in all types of traffic !!! That being said I would always wait to get out on the open road to do the speeding thing, but it seemed like everywhere I went, some clown was in the left lane,or slam on the brakes in either lane........talk about make the chochlate starfish shrink and wink when you pullin 78,000lbs. :eek3:!!! Thats where i got my road rage from..I always said and I'm sure many others have said before me,If the gubberment would make every liscense holder take a 1 week course in basic safety and then a simulated course in a big truck,there wouldnt be half as many accidents on the roads and highways....And that left lane law needs to be strictly enforced !!!!!!

Last edited:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Its fun when you have a 100 watt PA system, 4300K HID light w hi/low beams that you can flash quickly, and (8) 100 watt off road lights on front/rear of you vehicle. People know when they slip up and tick me off at night.

I possess road rage,I just try not to get caught...

25598_1273325150863_1161943507_30660045_3580061_n.jpg

218064_10150157730991891_640896890_7075260_6815162_n.jpg

5935_1144103095499_1615148231_334095_7488443_n.jpg
    rcm192 are those 100watt hid's?? If they are pm me where you got them from,I'm interested in buying several for a project !!!!

Top Bottom