Whole Foods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Has the best damn beer selection in town. Just drank a pint of Bellhaven Stout. Freaking delicious. I don't even like stouts. They are my new favorite beer company.

That is all. Carry on

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Hell, ya'll are making me want to go there.....Just got finished talking about Yuengling's Black and Tan being the best thing out of a tap I've ever had--impossible to find down here-- and here you talk about more great tasting beer!!!!! Guess I need to run up to BR and check out the place!! Thanks for the recommendation too..Where is it from??

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Hell, ya'll are making me want to go there.....Just got finished talking about Yuengling's Black and Tan being the best thing out of a tap I've ever had--impossible to find down here-- and here you talk about more great tasting beer!!!!! Guess I need to run up to BR and check out the place!! Thanks for the recommendation too..Where is it from??

Bellhaven's are imported from Scotland. Making the same recipe since the 17-1800's. There is another brand I am trying to remember the name. It is buy the Bellhaven's, a multigrain beer, and with a Gold award sticker on the neck. That one is just as good.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'm going to Houston tomorow and will probably pick up some beer not available here in LA. If anybody wants something post youre orders now.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Not a huge IPA fan. Had stone, and that was way too much. I like a little hops but not overpowering. I rather a darker beer, with toffee and chocolate tones for sipping. Although I do like a good refreshing beer to pair with food, parties, and such.

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I usually make a stop in there at least once a week to try something new. Their stock rotates seasonally.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Outside of the wheat beers (and I like them all), I think I enjoy Moylan's the most. Between their Tipperary and Hopsickle.

My favorite mixed drink has always been a snakebite with Strongbow Cider and Harp.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I'm going to Houston tomorow and will probably pick up some beer not available here in LA. If anybody wants something post youre orders now.

Decades ago we used to go to Houston to stock up on Coors.

There is a Whole Foods in Lexington and it doesn't compare at all with the one in BR, maybe a quarter the size and doesn't have anything like the selection.

WF also has a great selection of cheeses, prepared food, baked goods, and coffee- not Highland Coffee great, but good enough.
    :ohreally:

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...WF also has a great selection of cheeses...

We got introduced to WF when our daughter moved to Providence, RI, for grad school. We visited a couple of times/yr and frequently shopped there. My wife and I both love gourmet and artisan cheeses, and the selection was great. So we were really pleased to see the BR store open, and shop there weekly for cheese, bread, wine, other goodies.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why? Not enough piercings, tattoos, purple hair and patchouli oil where you are?

I have to say- the few times I've ventured into Whole Foods in BR, it was the exact opposite.....EYE CANDY WALL-TO-WALL!!! :naughty:

Maybe I picked good days to show up- but that's how I remember it. :D

Top Bottom