Whole Foods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have to say- the few times I've ventured into Whole Foods in BR, it was the exact opposite.....EYE CANDY WALL-TO-WALL!!! :naughty:

Maybe I picked good days to show up- but that's how I remember it. :D

Start calling me before you go so I can go with you. You obviously have better luck than I do. Last Saturday looked like the product of sperm frozen at Woodstock.

Hell, it may have been a real time warp, the EBRSO deputy on private duty at the front of the store was carrying a ginormous revolver!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Start calling me before you go so I can go with you. You obviously have better luck than I do. Last Saturday looked like the product of sperm frozen at Woodstock.

Hell, it may have been a real time warp, the EBRSO deputy on private duty at the front of the store was carrying a ginormous revolver!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Wow....

I guess if I go there enough I'll eventually get burned, too...:dogkeke:

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    DO NOT pass up trying the entire line of Wasatch and Squatters beers. They're a Utah Co-Op and quite frankly the best tasting US beers I've had.

^THIS!!!^ I had the oportunity last year when my wife and I went to Vegas to try the Wasatch Devastator Double Bock, and I absolutely fell in love with it. Tried finding it everywhere around here with no luck and luckily my brother-in-law found it at Dournaques in Metairie, it is awesome!!!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Hell, ya'll are making me want to go there.....Just got finished talking about Yuengling's Black and Tan being the best thing out of a tap I've ever had--impossible to find down here-- and here you talk about more great tasting beer!!!!! Guess I need to run up to BR and check out the place!! Thanks for the recommendation too..Where is it from??

Yuengling isnt legal to import here according to the guys at Marcellos in Lafayette. Something about the location of the breweries and regional stuff.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Some of the Albertons have a decent selection as well as Calandro's.... which often has Well's Banana Bread Beer which is delicious.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I'm going to Houston tomorow and will probably pick up some beer not available here in LA. If anybody wants something post youre orders now.
    if the offer is still open, if you'd grab me a case of Victoria beer (from mexico), i'll throw in an extra $10 on it to make it worth your while.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    While Whole Foods has a decent beer selection, it does not compare to the Clandro's on Perkins

+1000. The manager at Calandros (C.J.) is a huge beer nut and makes sure to maintain the best selection in town by far. Also its constantly rotating. I love stopping by once a week to pick up something new and exciting. If you want good beer and you want whole foods selection to look weak go here. Also Marcellos on Perkins between college and acadian usually has a decent selection as well.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    While Whole Foods has a decent beer selection, it does not compare to the Clandro's on Perkins

Unfortunately WF doesn't have Lazy Magnolia Brewery's Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. It's supposedly the first beer in the world made with whole roasted pecans, and I really like it. Oddly (but lucky for me) Oak Point Grocery in Watson does carry it.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Unfortunately WF doesn't have Lazy Magnolia Brewery's Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. It's supposedly the first beer in the world made with whole roasted pecans, and I really like it. Oddly (but lucky for me) Oak Point Grocery in Watson does carry it.

I think winn Dixie carries it. Aldo if u try semiclaus, that is an ODD beer. Its very strong.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I'm pretty sure 've had Yuengling here in Louisiana. I suppose it's the same reason I can't get New Belgium beer here?

did someone bring it back for you? It has something to do with an alcohol tax if I can remember correctly. Dont hold me to it though.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Decades ago we used to go to Houston to stock up on Coors.

There is a Whole Foods in Lexington and it doesn't compare at all with the one in BR, maybe a quarter the size and doesn't have anything like the selection.

WF also has a great selection of cheeses, prepared food, baked goods, and coffee- not Highland Coffee great, but good enough.
    :ohreally:

Years ago Coors required it's beer never get hot and stay refrigerated. From brewery to store it was kept cold. Not sure about today though.

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm pretty sure 've had Yuengling here in Louisiana. I suppose it's the same reason I can't get New Belgium beer here?

Thats one good thing about having family in Florida. When my grandfather came to visit a month ago I got him to bring me a case.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom