Whole sh*load of ammo at Gonzales gunshow!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I went to the gun show at Lamar Dixon in Gonzales this weekend and noticed that several ammo dealers were there with an entire assload of ammunition.
    Folks, there's no shortage of ammo.
    If you're paying premium prices for ball and range ammo, then you're contributing to the problem.
    If we all refuse to give in to the unreasonable demand, then the prices will drop and the supply will stabilize.
    I believe it begining to happen already.

I went mostly cause I was bored . Prices were all over the place in the highest reaches. I left then went to cabelas just for shiggles. Turns Out they just got a truck the day before and had a good bit of 5.56, .308, and so on. Cabelas was selling 100rd boxes of 5.56 for $67, while at the same time at the gun show , those same boxes were $135.

So to summarize, you get to pay a $10 admission fee, perhaps pay 1.5 or 2 times as much for 556 as Cabela's is selling it for. Then boast on the BS forum what a great deal you got.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    "The only thing that determines the price of goods in a free market economy is what the market will bear".

The NRA and the rest of the fear mongers have done their job - shilling for the manufacturers.

A good friend who is ex LEO, Mil, and Game Warden told me that the chances of actually using a firearm against an aggressor is about the same as winning the lottery. I don't play the lottery, but I do believe in personal protection.

The second amendment is not going anywhere. Even if both houses of congress and the president signed a bill to kill it, it would require ratification by two thirds of the 50 states. Ain't gonna happen.

Excellent post. Just too much wisdom for many here to grasp, especially the conspirators here.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    So to summarize, you get to pay a $10 admission fee, perhaps pay 1.5 or 2 times as much for 556 as Cabela's is selling it for. Then boast on the BS forum what a great deal you got.

Yup I’m boasting about spending $10 to window shop , and point out the price difference people are paying. What a deal . I did buy a few boxes of Hornady .308 at Cabelas. I believe they were about $5 more per box then what they were a year ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Yup I’m boasting about spending $10 to window shop , and point out the price difference people are paying. What a deal . I did buy a few boxes of Hornady .308 at Cabelas. I believe they were about $5 more per box then what they were a year ago

You did well. Thx for the report. Hard pass on 556 @ the gun show.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The OP's post is right on. I went to the Slidell show a couple of weeks ago. There is not a shortage of guns, for sure, and I saw the same thing in regards to ammo. There was a fair amount, but they were asking insane prices.
    The prices on all the base model guns were still running kinda high in my opinion, too (ex. a base S&W MP-15 which could be had last year for $529+tax now priced $799+ as the cheapest I saw. The place was packed (middle of the day the line was around the corner of the building into the grass), and I saw quite a few people leaving with guns, heard lots of people from quite a bit further away than I would usually travel for a gun show, so the scare is working.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "The only thing that determines the price of goods in a free market economy is what the market will bear".

The NRA and the rest of the fear mongers have done their job - shilling for the manufacturers.

A good friend who is ex LEO, Mil, and Game Warden told me that the chances of actually using a firearm against an aggressor is about the same as winning the lottery. I don't play the lottery, but I do believe in personal protection.

The second amendment is not going anywhere. Even if both houses of congress and the president signed a bill to kill it, it would require ratification by two thirds of the 50 states. Ain't gonna happen.

IHMO, YMMV, and any applicable acronyms apply...

Excellent post. Just too much wisdom for many here to grasp, especially the conspirators here.

This doesn't read like an inherent "Inalienable Right" to me!?! And it's just one state!

https://www.inquirer.com/philly-tips/new-jersey-gun-laws-licenses-permits-20210125.html

You don't have to submit to a mental health records review to partake in the other Constitutional Amendments.

SgtPuddin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2020
    Slidell, LA
    Went to the show and yes the ammo prices were stupid high. Did end up walking out with a uberti 1885 high wall single shot in .45-70 for a hell of a deal. Guy was very nice especially since he was selling custom knives and didn't have a price on the gun. Think it was more for show.

Last edited:

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    6.5 Creedmoor was going for $70/box.
    Grabbed 2 boxes @ $50/box (he gave me a “discount” since I just bought a Aero AR-10 from them)
    Went to Academy yesterday. Scored 4 more boxes for $25/box.

Saw the stupid prices on 556 and 9mm.
    Passed on both of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom