Why does this stupid behavior **** me off?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    TRIVIALITY - JUST BITCHING

My time is ONLY important to me- I KNOW!
    ...BUT!... when I'm in a hurry, why am I (almost) always behind one of these stupid A..H...'s?
    Have you put up w/ this?

Gas line at Sam's. Sit in a line of 5-8 vehicles waiting for pump access. AH immediately ahead gains access ... been sitting there, at least 5 minutes, heavily "flows" out the door and waddles to the gas pump... then digs for wallet, or the purse, for cards needed to buy gas. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot?!

Surprise! It's their turn! WTF they doin' while waiting? Removing excess navel lint?

Same thing in grocery checkout line. Fat ass broad with a double cart load ( no offense - could be slim, ugly, attractive... or "other" gender) hawkishly watches cashier SCAN EVERY ITEM (the computer may be f...d up); then when verbally given the total, starts digging in the wallet or purse for the payment resource. Usually a long search.

WTF? Unawareness of any consideration for anybody?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

...BUT!... when I'm in a hurry, why am I (almost) always behind one of these stupid A..H...'s?
    Have you put up w/ this?

Gas line at Sam's. Sit in a line of 5-8 vehicles waiting for pump access. AH immediately ahead gains access ... been sitting there, at least 5 minutes, heavily "flows" out the door and waddles to the gas pump... then digs for wallet, or the purse, for cards needed to buy gas. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot?!

Surprise! It's their turn! WTF they doin' while waiting? Removing excess navel lint?

Same thing in grocery checkout line. Fat ass broad with a double cart load ( no offense - could be slim, ugly, attractive... or "other" gender) hawkishly watches cashier SCAN EVERY ITEM (the computer may be f...d up); then when verbally given the total, starts digging in the wallet or purse for the payment resource. Usually a long search.

And won't get off the damn cellphone when they are trying to check out

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Bad manners are NOT a trivial issue.

Some people only survive because the paper work resulting from correcting their sorry asses (or applying a boot to same) is onerous to say the least.

Working remote (not practical for many) can help reduce such interactions to a more tolerable level.

Trust me, I feel your pain.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Does anyone do this? I don’t think I’ve ever been standing in a line where everyone had their money or credit cards in their hands ready to go. Especially at the gas pump. I’m not taking my wallet out until I’m ready to pay. If I’m in line and I notice someone being impatient around me or trying to rush me I make it a point to take my sweet ass time. Don’t rush me because you’re impatient or bad at managing time because I’m neither.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    You sound like you live on the verge of being unhinged and easily triggered by other people’s actions who minimally affect you. We live in a society where mostly everyone is only out for themselves, and by choice or circumstance we interact with each other to a certain extent. Deal with it however you must but you are the one getting worked up not the ones who you are judging and complaining about.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Tint your windows dark enough and you can sit in your vehicle and make demeaning or childish gestures at them to make yourself feel better without causing a scene. You could even point a gun at them for fun without catching an assault charge.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Don't get gas at sams..every Sam's gas station I've seen is always packed. Saving that little bit if money is not worth my time. When I shop at Sam's I use their app. Scan everything on my phone and out the door I go. At other stores, if they have self check out, I'm using it and I'm out.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You sound like you live on the verge of being unhinged and easily triggered by other people’s actions who minimally affect you. We live in a society where mostly everyone is only out for themselves, and by choice or circumstance we interact with each other to a certain extent. Deal with it however you must but you are the one getting worked up not the ones who you are judging and complaining about.
    This ^^

Life is entirely too short to devote mental energy to those who don't deserve it. Getting annoyed with other people doesn't change their behavior and it only makes you upset / is a negative to your day.

Just ignore 'em, man!

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Being on time, when agreed upon, ...IMHO..., is the essence of respect ... barring unavoidable, unforeseen circumstances. Has nothing to do random encounters ... & just bitchin'.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA

Have you put up w/ this?

You should try living in the Baton Rouge area. There are so many podunks still around from when the area was 2 lane country roads. These people have no concept of time. I doubt that they have ever had to be anywhere on time for anything in their lives. Speed limit 65...naa they go 35... accelerator...WTH is that! Then get behind these people in the Grocery store...samething! They are like watching a movie in slow motion! MY GOD!

It is one of the things I love about Los Angeles and New York when I go there. There is NONE of this. People are blowing the horn at you to go before the light turns green.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The motherlovin' drive up mailbox!!! Nothing irks me more than pulling in behind someone at the blue drive up mailbox and they are sorting, addressing, or stamping stuff while stopped there. You shouldn't even have to come to a complete stop going through there, but it never fails that I get behind the inconsiderate jackhole who couldn't be bothered to prepare their crap beforehand.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I noticed many of these behaviors in people when I was very young, at which point I started doing things the opposite because I could see the problems in the behaviors. I watch my surroundings and make it a point to get out of people's way, make way for people around me.

About being on time, if I'm not early I consider myself late.
    I'm the guy that probably appears to be late. Even when making groceries I'm walking fast pushing the buggy. I have things to do and I don't have all week to do them.

Getting things done is a value held by people who get s**t done, and is looked down upon by the lazy.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula

Have you put up w/ this?

WTF? Unawareness of any consideration for anybody?i

I noticed many of these behaviors in people when I was very young, at which point I started doing things the opposite because I could see the problems in the behaviors. I watch my surroundings and make it a point to get out of people's way, make way for people around me.

About being on time, if I'm not early I consider myself late.
    I'm the guy that probably appears to be late. Even when making groceries I'm walking fast pushing the buggy. I have things to do and I don't have all week to do them.

Getting things done is a value held by people who get s**t done, and is looked down upon by the lazy.
    I'm with ya. I try to be the most efficient when it involves my time, so Im always thinking 2 steps ahead. I have payment ready.
    Mf'ers can't even do the speed limit most of the time.

On a side note. DONT EVER GO TO BUCKEES

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La

Have you put up w/ this?

I really hate drivers that think they are the only ones on the road and can drive or do whatever they feel like. They drive under the speed limit since they are not in a hurry, slow down looking for some place, slow down to a crawl then speed up some only to slam on the brakes again looking for some place then pull up to a light 100 ft from where you're supposed to stop, light turns green but oh they are still on their phone texting somebody, driving will have to wait...... Ooops sorry, rate off! lol I feel you man.

Top Bottom