Will Smith, former Saint, shot dead in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2016/04/ex-saints_will_smith_shot_to_d.html#incart_big-photo

Will Smith, the defensive end who helped lead Ohio State to a BCS championship and the Saints to a Super Bowl title, was shot and killed Saturday night in New Orleans. He was 34.

Smith was shot in his car in the Lower Garden District, and his wife was also injured in the shooting, the NOLA.com report said. The initial police report, which did not identify Smith, made clear that the crime was incited by road rage.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If the report I read is correct, he was shot through the driver side window. He either never exited the vehicle or retreated back to it.? Sounds like something may have happened prior to the accident. Still no info on the shooter. That makes me a bit suspicious. Could it be a friend? Dunno sad situation. $hit bag even shot his wife.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Hayes has one previous arrest, on Aug. 1, 2010, court records show. Hayes was charged with illegal carrying of a weapon, illegal possession of codeine and possession of drug paraphernalia, among other charges. He pleaded guilty in June 2012 to a weapons charge and the possession of codeine, and received a 5-year prison sentence that was immediately suspended. But Hayes withdrew his guilty plea the following month, records show.

In June 2013, Hayes rejected a plea offer from prosecutors. Finally, in January 2014 he pleaded guilty to a reduced weapons charge and to a count of possession of drug paraphernalia. He received a suspended six-month sentence, records show.

Big surprise, this dirt bag had a previous record of illegal possession of a weapon and drugs. I hope this ****er gets the maximum sentencing, because obviously the warning he was given in 2014 (for crimes committed in 2010!) didn't phase him one bit.

Man. The #Saints community has lost former DE Will Smith to gun violence. Another tragedy. Deepest condolences. #RIP twitter.com/nolanews/statu…

Of course this is what is being said on ESPN. "Gun Violence"... If only guns weren't so violent!? How about "if a previously convicted, gun toting, drug addict would be in jail where he belongs, this wouldn't have happened."

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Smith, Piere Thomas had dinner with cop involved in death of shooter's father

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/04/will_smiths_accused_killer_set.html#incart_2box

According to nola.com, the shooter negotiated a settlement against the city following the shooting death of his mentally unstable father in December of 2005 (I remember this incident vividly from the news). One of the cops from the ensuing lawsuit had dinner with Will Smith and Pierre Thomas right before this shooting.

NOLA is a crazy place.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Only thing that pisses me off is the fact that, if he was a cop, firefighter, veteran, etc..... Nobody would bat an eye about it....

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I was right down the street from the crime scene at a friends house on Camp street. The blue lights were there for hours. They should have a public hanging in Champion Square for the shooter.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Let the stupid begin.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/orl...gainst-guns-after-will-smiths-death/128665577

*It was a large caliber gun. A .45,* Payton said. *It was designed back during World War I. And this thing just stops people. It will kill someone within four or five seconds after they are struck. You bleed out. *We could go online and get 10 of them, and have them shipped to our house tomorrow,* he said. *I don’t believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.*

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Let the stupid begin.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/orl...gainst-guns-after-will-smiths-death/128665577

*It was a large caliber gun. A .45,* Payton said. *It was designed back during World War I. And this thing just stops people. It will kill someone within four or five seconds after they are struck. You bleed out. *We could go online and get 10 of them, and have them shipped to our house tomorrow,* he said. *I don’t believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.*

I need to find out where he is ordering from, I want front door shipments!

He needs to stick to football, clearly he knows jack spit about firearms and the Bill of Rights.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This whole situation is getting weird.

A hit and run that looked like a love tap on surveillance became a deadly act of apparent road rage.

I can't wrap my head around it.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I don't know who I'm listening to on 1150, but he's so damn worried about anyone being mad at Peyton for his "opinion" because he's a football coach. The guy is no different than any other entertainer. It's not just an opinion, it's some guy advocating for my rights being taken away.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Listen to the "eyewitness" in the very beginning. So what if the great celebrity foot ball player was found to be the aggressor??

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I don't know who I'm listening to on 1150, but he's so damn worried about anyone being mad at Peyton for his "opinion" because he's a football coach. The guy is no different than any other entertainer. It's not just an opinion, it's some guy advocating for my rights being taken away.

oh lawd that's gerry v. I hope you took your BP meds

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom