will there ever be .22 again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Wally World Way's:}

I know Walmart has fire some of their people for even calling their friends when ammo is in. Do not know about other areas but in AR life long friends wont budge.

I believe dat

I hear they just sell it to the managers or buy it themselves....then distribute to their Peep's later?

Simply hearsay of course I'm sure:}

0wa8jlvbiiuoe9zqjwg8.png

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    I really don't think Walmart gets a lot in. I watch their inventory and it comes in about once a week or so. I've been able to get lots of 22WMR though, but I'm unable to get there in the AM when the LR is in stock. The 22WMR stays a couple of days on the shelf. One Problem I find with Walmart in the NO area is actually getting someone to help you. Once I couldn't get anyone to the counter at the Harvey store, even the manager was a no show when called.

At the time of this posting the Marrero store shows in stock, but I think 225rd box and shorts are still on the truck because it showed up a little earlier and I went there and it wasn't on the shelf and this is the first I've seen this in a week or two. The inventory on the single 50rd box is probably off as it's been on there a week and nothing on the shelf.

jjld854aapny5h2w30b.png

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    100 round boxes of CCI Mini-Mag at Covington Wal-Mart this morning. Looks like they got in 2,000 rounds. I'm good for now so I left them there for someone else.
    $7.47 each
    *UPDATE*
    The wingnut named Billy is working today. He only put out 5 of the 20 boxes he received in the glass case. Check under counter right by the register for the rest. He must have hidden them just for Bayou Shooter members.

Last edited:

buckedup

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    I got lucky yesterday. Found federal 36 grain hp 550 packs for 22 bucks at my local walmart. Sent my wife to get another box. I think they will be easier to find now. Just need a few more boxes of 22 mag

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    I also got lucky at the Harahan walmart yesterday. I got 3 federal bulk packs; another bulk pack and 6 remington 225 packs were left in the cabinet. I've been here a few times in the past few weeks and they always seem to have a decent stock of ammo. First time I saw 22s there though.

chrisjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Never any at the various BR Wal-Marts or Academy. I went to Academy a few months back after work, 0700, a few months ago and the vultures were waiting out front. I made a comment about thanks for buying all the 22LR ammunition and no one knew what to say. Just because you're retired or don't work doesn't mean you should be able to purchase all the 22LR and dealers at local gun shows mark bulk packs at 50 USD. Profit okay. Rape no.

Last edited:

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Speaking with the clerk at Academy, he stated they are staggering the times of putting out the .22 to help stop the neckbeard vultures. Other gun forums have mentioned this practice at Walmart as well. Maybe the reason we are hearing more replies of .22 on the shelves at normal times.

Top Bottom