Willie to retire???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    It's not personal. It's because I listen to how many units are working when and where and what is not being done that the general public does not.

Don't you live in EBR as noted by your location in profile? Yet you don't blast Sid.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Because you "listen"?

So you have a scanner, and you base your opinion by what you hear on a scanner?

Yes I have a few scanners and have been listening almost everyday for 35 yrs.
    And I'm also out there at night seeing whats going on and know some of the guys working. You think they don't talk?

Do you know how many units work the east side of the parish at night?

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Because I know how many units are working my area and when I call I get the response I'm supposed to.

Granted if you call, you should get a response but that response sometimes is dictated by call priority. Something you should understand is that just because you feel that it an emergency, may not constitute an emergency response.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Granted if you call, you should get a response but that response sometimes is dictated by call priority. Something you should understand is that just because you feel that it an emergency, may not constitute an emergency response.

I fully understand that, I know what you are talking about.

But if you are trying to cover a area like the East side that is about 30 miles by 15 miles with two units it's hard to explain to the public why you don't respond any faster.
    I'm not talking about myself I watch and take care of myself out there. The people that live out there are the ones that are pissed.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Do you understand the population differences in the two sides of Livingston Parish?

The west side, which has the most population and therefore the most calls, naturally receives the bulk of the limited amount of resources.

When people on the east side need EMERGENCY service, they certainly get it. However, if the SO takes a little while to get there because the neighbor's dog is tearing up your trash, understand that its going to take a while.
    It's all about priority with limited resources.

Obviously, the east side doesn't get as many patrols as the west, but its simply a matter of manpower.

If Willie put 10 deputies on the east side, and 8 of them weren't answering calls, people would then be pissed that hes wasting money on deputies where there's nothing going on.

I have worked for the LPSO. I worked for Odom, and I worked for Willie. I know the demographics of Livingston Parish. The east side has a couple of "hot spots" but for the most part, is a rural area that has a very low crime rate.

I have seen the LPSO grow from a basically backwoods department in the late 80's to what I believe is an advanced, professional law enforcement agency today. Willie Graves is responsible for that evolution.

I have had my disagreements with him in the past, and I don't wholeheartedly support every thing he does, but I know that he is a GOOD MAN, and does what he does because he believes in heart its the best thing to do.

If you think you can do a better job than he has, apparently theres going to be an opening at the next election. Move to Livingston Parish and show us how a REAL sheriff would do things.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I fully understand that, I know what you are talking about.

But if you are trying to cover a area like the East side that is about 30 miles by 15 miles with two units it's hard to explain to the public why you don't respond any faster.
    I'm not talking about myself I watch and take care of myself out there. The people that live out there are the ones that are pissed.

and half the calls I go on nightly are frivialous, HOWEVER, I still respond within SOP.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I don't work for LP either.

But I've worked with them for many years and they have some really good and honest people working there.

jethro4959

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Livingston
    Don't bother with him narco, some people do not have anything better to do but put good people down. There is not one single person that run this parish better than it's being ran now!

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    But you don't work in LP do you?

Nope but as a LP Homeowner and working along side of the LP Deputies I can say without a doubt, I would vote for him if he ran again. Whomever he backs, will most likely be elected i.e. Sheriff Harry Lee and Sheriff Normand.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom