Winchester Model 94 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    I have a 30-30 that I have been sitting on for years and I'm wondering if anyone has the resources to age it. I may have put 6 rounds through it and I have no clue how many rounds before me. The serial number starts with a 1650***. Best I can figure is maybe 1949 9r 1950? TIA

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    They are great guns. My wife inherited her Dad's 1978 dated Winchester Model 1894 in 30/30. It has some wear marks from hunting, but was only fired a handful of rounds. It is one of our favorites for a number of reasons. I have one of the newer Marlin 1894SS in 44 mag that is fun to shoot, but the old Winchester makes you feel nostalgic every time you pick it up. Very slim receiver and just feels good. Would love to see you post a couple of picks of your '94. See ya later.

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    Maybe

Winchester Center Fire, that's all I can come up with.

Winchester Cartridge Foundation. It wa sthe old days, no telling.

Last edited:

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    Thanks for the compliments. have some surface rust on the hood over the front sight and some on each side of the receiver. Prolly nothing a little crocus cloth or light steel wool wouldn't take off. It was kept in a scabbard for a long time and I think that's where the rust came from. It has been kept oiled and a safe queen for quite some time. Anybody have an idea of an approximate value on this? I mean besides the $100 and $150 offers that was made earlier.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Thanks for the compliments. have some surface rust on the hood over the front sight and some on each side of the receiver. Prolly nothing a little crocus cloth or light steel wool wouldn't take off. It was kept in a scabbard for a long time and I think that's where the rust came from. It has been kept oiled and a safe queen for quite some time. Anybody have an idea of an approximate value on this? I mean besides the $100 and $150 offers that was made earlier.

Gunbroker has a couple of '45-'49 models for $700-$750.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Just my opinion, but I have been told over the years not to try to remove any rust or tarnish by sanding or steel wooling the surface, just oil her up good. People like me and some collectors just like that original finish with all its "character". Some say it may ruin the value to try to make it too "purdy". Being a pre-64, should command a fair price. I wish I knew what price, but can't help you.

Top Bottom