Winner of Lamborghini crashes it 6 hours after getting it

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That little piece missing above the taillight will probably be the most expensive part. I doubt they will repair it, and that is a very large panel. Can't tell if it is fiberglass or carbon fiber, but it won't be cheap. not to mention that pretty LED taillight. LED lights for normal cars can get to the $1k each range...

Try $30 bucks! He didn't earn it, so he shouldn't mind applying this to it.

bondo-repair.jpg

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Me, too. Cause I don't have >100k to pay the income tax on it.

For real. Going with what I said earlier, to me, this car is not even worth the 100k. High performance, yes. Brand name, yes. Status symbol, most definitely. Not 380k or 100k worth to me.

If I was a billionaire, maybe when I got bored I'd play along, if I could get my fat ass into one.

Also:

job-fails-same-for-me-except-x-years.jpg

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    It's not that bad, just learn to respect it. Ease into it. That's like someone saying "I don't think I can own a rifle in .40 or above without doing something incredibly stupid with that big bullet." It takes responsibility is all.

Yep, Anyone can drive one with a little responsibility and respect for the vehicle. My last three vehicles have all had better than 500 ponies (91 vette, 84 Grand National, 2006 GTO). And I've never crashed any of them. Got a few speeding tickets though. :mamoru: Granted the GTO Im driving now probably weighs twice as much as that lambo.

edit to above: Actually weight is not too different. my car 3781.28 - no driver and near empty fuel tank. Lambos published curb weight (lbs): 3,726

It has 140 more horse power and weighs 55 pounds less. Guess I need that supercharger now :)

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yep, Anyone can drive one with a little responsibility and respect for the vehicle. My last three vehicles have all had better than 500 ponies (91 vette, 84 Grand National, 2006 GTO). And I've never crashed any of them. Got a few speeding tickets though. :mamoru: Granted the GTO Im driving now probably weighs twice as much as that lambo.

edit to above: Actually weight is not too different. my car 3781.28 - no driver and near empty fuel tank. Lambos published curb weight (lbs): 3,726

It has 140 more horse power and weighs 55 pounds less. Guess I need that supercharger now :)

Lambo is AWD. My Z06 is a lot more of a handful than that Lambo ever dreamed of being considering the 3175# weight and RWD with a stick. Your cars are definitely a lot easier to get stupid in than that lambo as well. RWD is a lot touchier.

Just respect the car, don't act like you are God's gift to driving, and all is well.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    380k for 640hp, or 60k for 650hp.....

2013-shelby-mustang-gt500-jl-0001_gallery_image_large.jpg

Yeah, but I like my cars to handle. The GT500 makes up for an archaic suspension and rubber-band tires with gobs and gobs of power. Thats why the 0-60 on the GT500 is actually slower than on the BOSS 302, for 2012. It can't hook half that power up. It still uses the same 285 size tires out back that it used 150hp ago when it couldn't hook. IMHO, the car is a bottle-rocket with a nice interior. A teenagers burn-out machine for those with money.

It has supposedly posted good 'Ring lap times, but still nowhere in the league of the much less powerful and yet heavier GT-R that was actually designed to handle AND go fast. Or the Z06, similarly.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Lambo is AWD. My Z06 is a lot more of a handful than that Lambo ever dreamed of being considering the 3175# weight and RWD with a stick. Your cars are probably a lot easier to get stupid in than that lambo as well. RWD is a lot touchier.

Def on the z06. I drove a friends 06 z06 over the summer. That car drives like a champ, but the back end gets a little squirrely if your not careful. If it wasn't for the backseat of the GTO I'd have another vette. Although that mustang looks like a beast...

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Y'all say that, but you're coming from having years to ride that pony. If I only had it for a day or two, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would do something I would absolutely regret.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Y'all say that, but you're coming from having years to ride that pony. If I only had it for a day or two, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would do something I would absolutely regret.

I don't claim a ton of experience. The most powerful car I had before my C6Z was my 2001 WS6, @ 300whp in a 3620# car.

Age 18= 1993 Crown Vic w/5.4L motor from 1997 F150 @190whp
    Age 19= 1995 Trans Am, @250whp
    Age 20= 1988 mustang 5.0 w/mods, 244whp dynoed
    Age 22= 2001 WS5 @300whp
    Age 24= 2002 Infiniti G20 @ 120whp

So no, I don't claim a ton of experience, etc. with high-hp cars. I just exercise common sense and restraint and know I'm not skilled enough to do things I see on TV.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom